Combat system

War3shade

Reaction score
I wanted to make a combat system for my RPG.Hero A pick 1 dagger so he dealt 16-24 every 1.15.So basically,each weapons has hiw own damage and attack speed and maybe special things like poison or bash.But the problem is that I don't know where to start :p

Yoshii

Reaction score
I wanted to make a combat system for my RPG.Hero A pick 1 dagger so he dealt 16-24 every 1.15.So basically,each weapons has hiw own damage and attack speed and maybe special things like poison or bash.But the problem is that I don't know where to start :p

as far as I know there is no way to change a hero attack speed; the only way would be to increase agility by X when you wield the weapon.each agi point is an increase of 2% over the base attack speed of the hero.

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
it's a little idea of mine not sure it will fit very well in your map ...
[you could use items that have different "Item Attack Speed Bonus (Gloves of Haste)" abilities one that add and other that lower the attack rate .. and that have different damage addition :) but you have to find a way that you can only put one of weapons because then will screw things up ] hope it helped

Edit: if you want i will post a map with 2 weapons end how they work in my idea ;)
Edit2: it's realy good that your hero attack with only one slash per second :| [dono how you will do this .. ]. and without weapon the damage to be really low like 5-10 :p or something like that :)

War3shade

Reaction score
Im not going to use the "normal attack" :p
I have thinked about abilities but I have no idea how to make them auto-casted at the "target"

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
o then you could use this trigger ... you just have to use an item that give you an buff that last really long ..
and you need a new trigger to remove the old one if you change weapon ...
Trigger:
  • sda
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(smart))
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Heal) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Heal to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Heal (Target unit of issued order)
Trigger:
  • sda
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(smart))
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Kelen's Dagger of Escape) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Warden - Blink (Position of (Target unit of issued order))
      • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s attack animation
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of issued order), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
Edit:eek:ne of this to should do the trick :) and you could use cool-down from the item or ability your choice :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.