Hypnosis, do you believe it is real?

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Well, Hypnosis getting people to do silly things.

Do you believe it is real or Just bullshit?

So what's your thoughts?

[del]OPEN YOUR MIND![/del]

Last edited by a moderator:

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
I think it is real. But according to Mythbusters, you can't force someone hypnotized to do evil acts.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Exactly, you can't use hypnosis to make someone do something they don't want to.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I've done those silly ones at the fair, and they seemed pretty real to me. I did the silly stuff, so I guess it works. Lol

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
But If it works, it should work on everybody, Isn't that so?

No. You have to believe what you're being told is true. If you have the mindset that it's all fake and doesn't work, it won't. The whole thing is a mental trick into making people think what you want them to.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
As a currently practicing hypnotist, I can tell you that it is indeed very real. DDRists is completely right by saying that if someone believes that they cannot be hypnotized, it becomes much harder for the hypnotist to put them into a trance or produce various phenomena. Hypnosis works great in therapy as well (search Freddy Jacquin), but only if the person is willing to be hypnotized. For some live demonstrations, check out www.headhacking.com .

FireCat

Reaction score
Hmm Okay
Well, what you think of self-hypnosis than?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Hmm Okay
Well, what you think of self-hypnosis than?

Once again, also true. If you believe it, one can do many things with their mind. I'm a big fan of self-hypnosis, psychedelics, and things related to mind, so I know this stuff first hand. All it takes is concentration and thought.

FireCat

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of self-hypnosis, psychedelics, and things related to mind, so I know this stuff first hand. All it takes is concentration and thought.
So you tried the self-hypnosis? If so, how'd you know you was really hypnotized?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
So you tried the self-hypnosis? If so, how'd you know you was really hypnotized?

You just feel it? I really don't know how to explain it, it's just like a mental inner peace, like an emotional warmth of everything being positive and happy.
It sounds weird, but when you actually do it, you will know. However, if you go in to it hoping to feel it, you won't. You just have to relax and chill.

Mahucharn

Reaction score
Hypnosis is what you or the hypnotist tells you it is. If a hypnotist says that you'll feel as if you just took some hard drug when you stand in a certain spot, then (assuming that you've been deepened enough) this will occur. Trance is a state of deep relaxation, but it feels slightly different to everyone.

Example of some fine hypnosis: [youtube]ZNTIc9ytaaM[/youtube]

FireCat

Reaction score
Isn't it kinda dangerous? Well, hypnosis in the wrong hands?

And what if you be hypnotised, but the hypnotist forget to bring you back to reality?

Imagine "get stuck in a hypnotic state forever" Hehehehe

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score

They can't make you do anything that you wouldn't normally do, so no.

And what if you be hypnotised, but the hypnotist forget to bring you back to reality?

Well I guess it wouldn't be any worse than psychedelics, haha.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Well, not only what you wouldn't normally do, or there would really be no fun doing it at all, ha?
A hypnosis came to our school one, hypnotized like a few students, and one (crazy) teacher, she wasn't even on stage, she was in the crowd, but she just froze and fell asleep with her eyes open for like 30 minutes until he snapped her out of it... made some girl run up to a teacher and hug him screaming "I love you!". Made this one girl think the floor was lava, she started crying as she tried to jump on the chairs, lol. Good times.

Mahucharn

Reaction score

A trance is just a state of deep relaxation. You can have malreactions, in which case you could start bawling your eyes out or something like that. I've also heard of someone taking a hypnotist's suggestion too literally when he said that his subject was an Olympic swimmer. The poor man jumped up onto the table and dove off head first. You just have to be really careful when you're hypnotizing someone, which is why it is essential to see a professional for training if you're going to be working with a live audience (not on yourself).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.