<<<[ Icon Contest Thread ]>>>

L

lascha

I think you can put them in url's, but it's nicer if you just put them between image tags [ IMG][ URL]http://www.omgthisisapicture.com/[ URL][ IMG]. It's not that hard :p

OMG, dude, what's with this story in an icon contest?!
thought whitesock some common sense about aliens :D

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
Huh? I don't really understand your problem.
You have your icons ready?
Are you using photobucket or imageshack to host them?
If you are, then just copy the url that the image hosting site provides, it look something like... [IMG ]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j22/Bonna2/EnergyBlast.jpg[/IMG ]

But without spaces in the image tags.

P

Pwnages

like this http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32357

There are the little image or how you called that.

Icon 3

And here is the icon.......

Description: Well, It's a portret that is looking a bit weird. (Note: Look at the position of the pupils.). He is sees weird stuff around him that confuses him. Got this idea from a spell in world of warcraft: Fear.
Name: Fear.
Type: Spell.
Effect: The target starts seeing things around him that aren't really there and so he runs away in fear in a random direction for <X> seconds. An attack on this unit, except for damage over time spells, will break the effect.
Comment: Yup, the effect looks a lot like the spell from WoW.. but.. hey.. if I make a self-made pizza that looks a lot like one from the shop.. is it also.. ugh.. you get the idea I hope.. anyway.. the icon is 100% original. Took me one hour to make this one. Third icon I made.

Thank you, Pwnages

L

lascha

go to www.imageshack.us and click on "browse", search up the icon (that you edited),and click on "OK". After that a path from your pc will appear in the field that used to be blanc. Anyway, click on "Host it!"
Then many url's appear, the one you need is "Hotlink for Forums (1)". Copy it and just paste it when you're posting/editing a message. Preview the message so you can check that the image is working.

(PS you have to make the image 64x64 in an image editing program :))

P

Pwnages

File integrity check failed, upload terminated.

what this? the image is JPG.

L

lascha

Hmm, *figures*.. what does integrity mean?^^ My dictionary (english/dutch) says: Intergriteit.. looks the same to me :p --> (I'm bad at dutch :D)

P

Pwnages

OK i have this error with GIMP, please help me, dl the PIC,

Thank you, Pwnages

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 262

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
Whitesock, please update the image with the appearence of the icons.

@Pwnages - Reinstall Gimp. Maybe it'll solve the problem. And, please look at your personal messages ;)

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
I didn't understand really, are you allowed to take help from photoshop tutorials when making your icons or not?
Since I got a "warning" about it...

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
You are allowed to take help from them, but not to make an icon that looks exactly as the result from that tutorial. You must design your own style. For example, now I'm working on a text with that exploding effect. This what you have to do. You must learn from that tutorial and develop your own methods.

BTW, what happened with your entry, anyway? I said you to remove just those 2 icons and, if the others were results of other tutorials, remove them, too, but I didn't said that you are out of the contest.

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
Well... If it's allowed to use icons I took help from tutorials to make, why can't I use them?
You think I copied and pasted them into my icon?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.