Issues while using normal wc3 AI in custom maps

Klein~

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Statement:

- AI does not build units, the most they do is gather and build hero trainning altar and few farms.
- Does not attack, train units...

Map custom addons:

- 2 creep monsters around the map like normal but they have triggers working on them. Futher: when a unit enters within range of this unit, create creeps, like a leveling ground.
- 2 high level creeps on the map, which the enemy, in the frist map editions haven't goes there, probly because they were too weak to face, anyway it doesn't matters.
- 2 tower owned by a allied.
- Bases are near each other.
- Triggers on map inicialization.

If someone fell like helping me set this map able to normal AI works correctly just download the map and take a look on what it can be or suggest by replying. Thanks.

Attachments

• continent.w3x
    82.6 KB · Views: 273

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I just tested the map and everyone from yellow down does use the AI as designed. As for the others, you have them set as "User" players in the Player Properties menu, which is probably the culprit.

Bankde

Reaction score
Statement:

- AI does not build units, the most they do is gather and build hero trainning altar and few farms.

AI (is very sensitive) will not work efficiently if
1. You make it not able to create hero.

Eventhough you give it hero, AI still not work. You will have to allow them to create hero themselves. Also, must be melee hero.

2. Change object editor (which AI need to be run)

I don't say you can't modify any of object editor BUT some of data must be default. (Like peasant, townhall, farm... etc)

This is all I know. Sometimes even in Melee map, AI still not work (I have found it myself) so don't expect too much on custom map.

Klein~

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I just tested the map and everyone from yellow down does use the AI as designed. As for the others, you have them set as "User" players in the Player Properties menu, which is probably the culprit.

But it's a "pre-setup". I did it because I don't want to set every player above 4 equal to computer normal in the game before start. So doing it I would have automatically the 4 computers. By the way, I tested without doing it.

AI (is very sensitive) will not work efficiently if
1. You make it not able to create hero.

Eventhough you give it hero, AI still not work. You will have to allow them to create hero themselves. Also, must be melee hero.

2. Change object editor (which AI need to be run)

I don't say you can't modify any of object editor BUT some of data must be default. (Like peasant, townhall, farm... etc)

This is all I know. Sometimes even in Melee map, AI still not work (I have found it myself) so don't expect too much on custom map.

You are right. It might be the normal melee heroes that I overwrited with the caimpaing heroes. but they still don't build rest of building like barracs, they stuck at trainning hero. I'll try fixing it.

Klein~

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
You were right, Bankde. They stuck while they can't make a hero. Thanks, both you.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Confirmed Help! :)

Need more help with this? Check out The Hive Workshop!

#1 Warcraft 3 Reforged Modding Community
The Hive Workshop is the largest Warcraft III community since 2004 with over 100k users, centered around map making, modeling, custom games, programming & art.

www.hiveworkshop.com

That is the absolute BEST resource for Warcraft 3 World Editor Help in 2023 and beyond. Everyone that was here is there.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.