Mysterious Shadow Strike Leak/Lag

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
I have an ability based off of Shadow Strike, and for some reason, when the projectile hits the enemy and the enemy becomes buffed, there is a sudden laggy period. This laggy period ends once the buff is gone. I believe something is leaking because the lag gets worse every time this spell is used.

Now, this used to be part of a semi-complex triggered spell, but in narrowing it down and just using this one spell with absolutely NO trigger work, it still lags, and I don't know why. I have tried changing the buff, range, duration, damage, projectile art and speed, decay power, movement and attack speed factor, etc. Yet still, I cannot find what is creating this lag.

Again, there are now no triggers involved, no dummy units created, no continuous loops, and no triggers that could possibly trigger when this spell is activated, when the projectile hits, when the buff is put on the unit, etc.

This is beyond me, please help.

AdamGriffith

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
These things are hard to tell unless you get someone with the same problem?
Mabye upload the map? (You could just remove everything else if you don't want it being leaked etc.)

EDIT: Reset it, or use the normal shadow strike. Then see if you get the same lag.

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
These things are hard to tell unless you get someone with the same problem?
Mabye upload the map? (You could just remove everything else if you don't want it being leaked etc.)

EDIT: Reset it, or use the normal shadow strike. Then see if you get the same lag.

I've got other abilities based off shadow strike that don't lag, but I will try resetting it and even remaking it. And if worst comes to worst, I'll make a custom test map with just that spell so you guys can look. Of course knowing my luck, it will work smoothly in that test map :p

EDIT: Well, I remade the spell, and changed every value one at a time to see what the problem is. Turns out that my 0.00 casting time is what made it lag, so I changed it to 0.01 and it was fine.

131ackout

Well

you can take the buffs out

maybe it'll reduce the lag

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.