Need AMD Motherboard

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
A processor starting at 2.3, OCing to 3.2
With that fan, yes, with that processor, maybe.
Can't confirm that as of right now, but will post when I can.

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Reviews show its the best 775 fan/heatsink.

The best heatsink with only an 92mm fan? I'd suggest to take a more serious look at something like a Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme with a decent fan.

As for overclocking, you can either opt for a very expensive multiplier-unlocked CPU or one with a low bus speed and high multiplier.

It's easier to bump an E4600 (12x with a slow 800MHz FSB) from 2.4 to 3.0GHz or 3.2GHz than using a "high-end" CPU with "only" 9x.

With the former, you'll stay within the specifications (FSB at 1066MHz, as for "regular" C2Ds), while you have to seriously overclock the board components on the latter model. In order to reach 3.2GHz with a 9x CPU (stock 2.4GHz and 1066MHz FSB), you have to overclock your FSB to 1422MHz, well beyond any non-Skulltrail chipset.

Only drawback for the E4xxx: entry-level CPUs have a smaller L2 cache (2MB vs. 4MB).

EDIT: There's even an article covering the E4600 overclocking.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I keep mentioning the 5000+ BE and the FX AMD cores because they have an unlocked multiplier.
&&
Asked an eggxpert, apparently that fan isn't high-end and you'll probably get around 2.8, maybe 3.0 GHz stable.

Reaction score
The best heatsink with only an 92mm fan? I'd suggest to take a more serious look at something like a Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme with a decent fan.
Newegg doesnt have thermalight instock yet. What other fans do you suggest from Newegg?

So far I think I might need to clock for Supreme Commander and Bioshock (more games to come after I get a job and some $$)

Im not pro at overclocking, So im not sure how this is going to turn out.

Also, I will not have the patience to understand how to install liquid cooling into my system.

@Rad: If you can find me a decent case with a good amount of fans/airflow into the case and a power supply in it (or combo deal) then Ill take a look.

Reaction score
0214081835bnh1.jpg
Outside of case. More soon when im not lazy to open it up and show you guys.

Rad

Reaction score
Cool case lol, some cases come with faceplates that you can put over your CD/DVD drices to make it match the color. Most are junk anyways though.

So are you happy with your new rig? :D

Reaction score
lol yeah, Super happy. I need to get crysis so I can actually play on a decent quality with good FPS.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.