Photoshop Help!

Demi666

Reaction score
( Couldnt find an appropiate name for it..( sorry if i misspelled appropiate..))
Hey so i cant find any tutorial that suits my needs atm,

have you seen Narwains Wolfman LP ? and the Saxofon IMO those are amazing

but what i dont understand is where to start? if its made manually with like dodge , smudge or somthing? or " auto " using filters or liquify and such

yes i have read Tips And Tricks but i did not find anything that suited me there

So i was just woundering

becouse im kind of out of ideas becouse im in lack of experiance of whats possible to do or should i say how its done?

If someone would be kind enough to give me link to a graphic tutorial website where i could read it myself or if someone could give me a few pointers?

would Really appreciate it <3 alot !! <3 thanks :)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
look in the tutorials section. there are a LOT.

also: www.Pslover.com
:D its just mass tutorials

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Well, first off, just add the render.

Now place a couple of c4ds and experiment with vectors etc.

Then he adds something called splatter brushes. Basically just a splatter of brushing.

Then add the light blobs, smudge it, and edit the coloring of the outsides a bit. Now smudge in the background a dark greenish color.

Create a new layer, apply the image, Filter | Sharpen | Sharpen and erase all except for the untouched render areas. Then I think he creates a new layer, then go to "Image | Adjustments | Channel Mixer" and play around with the settings.

Then he adds a border and text.

I'm probably wrong for half of it, but this is probably just a summary of what he did. It takes much more time. ;)

Demi666

Reaction score
Well, first off, just add the render.

Now place a couple of c4ds and experiment with vectors etc.

Then he adds something called splatter brushes. Basically just a splatter of brushing.

Then add the light blobs, smudge it, and edit the coloring of the outsides a bit. Now smudge in the background a dark greenish color.

Create a new layer, apply the image, Filter | Sharpen | Sharpen and erase all except for the untouched render areas. Then I think he creates a new layer, then go to "Image | Adjustments | Channel Mixer" and play around with the settings.

Then he adds a border and text.

I'm probably wrong for half of it, but this is probably just a summary of what he did. It takes much more time. ;)

vector..? i have noo clue what it is (im going to bed now) but please explain more

also i dont use brushes IMO its cheat
and i would most learn how to use techni.. cant spell it:eek:
techniques ? well sometimes i use brushes but i try to stay away from them

also the light bulb when you said " he adds the light bulb " didnt he make them?

also did he use splatter brushes? didnt he do them " manually " ?:confused:
aww well i guess its hard to make manually but i would still like to learn <3

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
remember, google= your best friend.
For that tutorial.... well.... go beat the crap out of Narwain to get it.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
vector..? i have noo clue what it is (im going to bed now) but please explain more

also i dont use brushes IMO its cheat
and i would most learn how to use techni.. cant spell it:eek:
techniques ? well sometimes i use brushes but i try to stay away from them

also the light bulb when you said " he adds the light bulb " didnt he make them?

also did he use splatter brushes? didnt he do them " manually " ?:confused:
aww well i guess its hard to make manually but i would still like to learn <3

Brushes isn't cheating. At least if you don't use it for your whole background, that's my motto. It is useful.

The light blob is a soft huge airbrush (I dunno, about 100 px in size) dabbed a few times with 0% hardness and colorized or something. Easy to make if you've worked with light sources before.

If he did that manually, it would take probably hours. I think the people who made splatter brushes got them from images, it is hard to make them freehand unless you have some sort of technique.

remember, google= your best friend.

Lol. Or you can destroy his PC. Ah, never get tired of that. :D

undeadorcjerk

Reaction score
me neither, where is pineapple?

Demi666

Reaction score
me neither, where is pineapple?

what does that have to do with anything lol :)

Brushes isn't cheating. At least if you don't use it for your whole background, that's my motto. It is useful.

The light blob is a soft huge airbrush (I dunno, about 100 px in size) dabbed a few times with 0% hardness and colorized or something. Easy to make if you've worked with light sources before.

If he did that manually, it would take probably hours. I think the people who made splatter brushes got them from images, it is hard to make them freehand unless you have some sort of technique.

Lol. Or you can destroy his PC. Ah, never get tired of that. :D

>it is hard to make them freehand unless you have some sort of technique.
guess what i wanna learn :D?^^

remember, google= your best friend. It can help with everything, even spelling.

I was just waiting for someone to say google.. ^^
>go beat the crap out of Narwain to get it.

to get a tutorial? narwy helped me lots of times in photoshop <3
to me he said he used clipping mask or somthing to make the light blubs but i did not quite understand^^

please more ideas <3

undeadorcjerk

Reaction score
what does that have to do with anything lol :)

it was a little joke between me and purge. He, in Narwain's Wolfman LP thread, threatened to destroy Narwain's computer if he didn't give us a tutorial on how he made it. I accidently thought purge was pineapple and me a small story involving a giant pineapple crashing through the wall screaming Oh-YEA!

Anyway. You should just ask him how he did it when he gets his computer back.

Reaction score
That's good bunch of tutorials.

After you've made them, make your own works, try to use your own techniques.

Narwy

I Hate Owls. period
Reaction score
I may do step by step tutorial from my wolfman LP.

but warning, it has lots of color settings, so be warned :D

Reaction score
>I may do step by step tutorial from my wolfman LP.
Instead of that, you should make step by step tutorial how to do such a beautiful smudging.

It might be the photoshop version 7.0 or me, which makes the smudging look so ugly.. it like stretches the whole picture and plus for that it adds few own colors there :p.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.