please help w/ sound editor

Q

Quidgibo

1.) When i look in sound editor for neutral heroes, for ex: Rexxar i cant find his sound to replace

2.) When i do right click on a heroe's sound for ex: Arthas yes1 and replace it with a wav. file, it does not work in the actual test, am i missing something?

S

Sam56

im a noob

Ok this might be the problem. BUT, I (Being a noob) Might not be right. It might just not work in the test. try the real thing and it might work.

Bomook

Reaction score
1. Rexxar uses the Beastmaster sound set.

I've never tried sound editing, and this may not answer your second question, but here's what I know.

2. Some hacked versions of the editor are anomalous. I know I used to get tons of anomalies and errors with the hacked RC editor that allows placement of "special" units (The starcraft units and owl scouts). No-CD patches may also produce errors. Actually, any non-Blizzard patch (especially incompatible ones) may affect your editor.

also, testing a map runs the WarIII.exe file, so your tests will always produce the same results as actually playing the map.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
1) I already answered this question in your previous post (at least I think it was your post). Bomook has the correct answer anyway.

2) I didn't get around to answering this one (sorry!).

I tried the example you said, and it works perfectly fine. What's happening here is that you may have a mis-understanding of what's going on.

So, with the Arthas example, you replaced the sound 'yes1'. Sounds which have 'yes' in the name are played whenever you order the unit to move anywhere. Also, whenever you issue the move order, the game will pick at RANDOM, any ONE of all the 'yes' sounds available to that unit. Arthas has FOUR yes sounds available to be played. To hear any one of these sounds in the game, you may find that you have to issue a move order many times before you hear the sound you want to hear.

In this particular example, I had to move arthas around at least a half-dozen times before I was able to hear the 'yes1' sound that I replaced

Try replacing ALL the yes sounds for arthas, and you will see that it works.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.