! Questions !

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I've got some questions for you helpers;

1. Is there a way to calculate the time a missile will take to get to target point(eg. arrow of an archer, to another unit)

2. Is there a spell, such as Channel but with a minimum range, such as blink

3. I'm working on a spellpack, and i have thought of some ability,
it's going to be called "Goblin Firework" or "Goblin Fireworks" it's just one rocket going up in the sky (probably the flare model) the problem is is it "Firework" or "Fireworks" (aah my english is bad :p )

4. With making spells, i use channel, and i want channel to have a missile art,
but it doesnt work, lame, i've set the missile art, arc, speed but there's no missile =.=

Please help
Fin.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
1. Yes. Use the missile speed of the unit and the distance between points.

2. Not that I know of.

3. One is plural. One is not. If it's only one missile, it's firework. But, to make it more goblin-like, you might name it firewerk. :p

4. Missile Art? I don't know if Channel can have a missile art.

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
1. well duhh, missile speed and distance..... but what t do with them? :confused:

3. i'll call it "firewerkz"

4. lame.

(i already expected help from you, 24-7 helper.. :D )

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
>"1. Yes. Use the missile speed of the unit and the distance between points."

The problem is, the targeted unit can move. And before you periodically check the position of the unit, you might as well use a dummy unit.

4. Don't use channel? :p

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> but what t do with them?

Well, I believe both are in pixels. Distance and speed. The speed is pixels per second, if I am correct. So, take the distance, divide by the speed, and you should have it. I could be wrong, though. You should try searching.

> i already expected help from you, 24-7 helper

Unlikely.

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
1. its just a point target, so that wont be the problem, and,. i'll just test it with a stopwach from 1000 dist w/ 100 speed.
( we can use actual objects to help ourselves with world editing can we ^____^)

4. Don't use channel?
M'kay

(in case you're wondering about the min. range and time from point to point, i'm making some find of flak grenade(flak cannon ut2004?) that bounces 2 times, but i'll have to know when to let it bounce ^^ otherwise it'll look silly, just a grenade out of nowere and the other one isnt at the point, and for the minimum distance. there's a minimum wait of 0.27 -.-)

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
To calculate the time until the missile will hit a unit you should Divide the distance between the shooter and the victim by the missile's speed. Problem is, unit might move, so either pause it, or find another solution.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1. I believe you could use the attack detection - damage detection combo with that.

When your ranged unit attacks, add to a local trigger the event "Unit - (Attacked unit) takes damage" and start a one-shot timer. When the trigger fires, check how much time passed on the timer and there is your elapsed "time a missile will take to get to target point". Would eventually work with homing missiles.

Untested though, and it would require JASS.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
1. Perhaps... If you want to calculate the distance between 2 units, and the can move
Make a variable with array
Make a trigger for detecting when your attacker attacks.
Remove Variable[1], and after that, set it to the attacker's point.

Make a trigger for detecting when your attacker damages (dynamic triggers)
Set Variable[2] to the point of the unit suffering damage.
Distance between the two Variable is your distance.
Remove Variable[2]

2. No that I know of. You can trigger it, check the distance, and if it's no good, order it to stop.

4. Channeling with missiles? o_O
Well you can create dummies to shoot projectiles at the target while channeling.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.