• Hmm... other?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In a Relationship

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I agree with DDRtist in everything I think (quite a load to read).

About my relationship. Been with her for almost 2 years (2 in march). It's great. We dont' argue, don't fight, we see each other often when we can, and if we both want to. She doesn't care if I flirt or go out with other women, as long as she's not around. Sort of "what you don't know doesn't hurt." Of course, it's not like I'm a player and have women left and right, but when the opportunity arises, I can take it. She's beautiful, and while maybe not "OMG HOT!!!", I feel like I "love*" her. I'm comfortable and feel like I can do what I want without her judging or criticizing me. And I return the favor by not criticizing or judging her. Apparently she doesn't see other guys or isn't interested because she's satisfied with the sex life :p If she did? I'd rather not know, and I'd rather not have other people tell me "she's cheating on you". I have pride, and knowing things like that hurt the ego.
I agree with DDRtist, I HATE having to watch what I say or do. And if I do watch what I say or do, is out of respect, like really offensive stuff. Other than that I can look at other girls/women and check them out, she won't mind at all, amongst many other things people in "regular relationships" wouldn't do.

Perfect relationship? I don't think it exists, but as long as both are genuinely happy and satisfied, it's good. Please don't do the "if you have to settle down for lower expectations/standards, it's a bad relationship". It's not settling down or lowering standards, it's just realizing you're happy with who you have and staying with her.

*I hate using the word "love". It's so general and vague, unspecific and has a potentially different meaning for every person. But in short it sums things up. For me, I care and like my girlfriend. I'm happy. I think that's enough.

Wait, so your girl doesn't care if you flirt with other chicks? Awesome, haha.
But unlike you, I'd rather have her or someone let me know that shes cheating. That way, I don't put my time and heart into it thinking that it's a one on one thing, when in reality, I'm being lied to. Then talk it over, and figure out what goes down from there.

Sorry, I didn't see this post until just now.

Of course, sex is sex and if love is involved then it is even better^^

Two different things if you ask me, lol. Sex with love is more meaningful, yeah. But sex where you're just in it to "f**k" is 5x more fun. :p

But contrary to everything I've said in this thread so far, I'm actually currently talking to a chick. She has a kid too, which is definitely a new thing for me to figure out, I fail at parenting skills. Lol

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
God it's so hard to break that barrier. I'm sorta in the same situation as you with that, but there surely isn't a child involved :p

Nah, we're both aware of whats going on and that we like each other, just I haven't "asked her out". We're just kinda dating, not committed yet. It will happen in the near future, but just not rushing it right now until we get to know each other more. Lol

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i wish life was like in games.

*Join SC2 GAME*

Guy 2: GL HF
Guy 1: HEYYY, whats up!
Guy 2: Nothing, I JUST HAD GOT R-R-R-APED BY SOME PROTOSS EARLIER, MAN HE WAS USING THIS AWESOME STRATEGY!! IT WAS MASS PROBES!!
Guy 1: I know! totally, that strategy is so hard to beat

--

Does that work in real life? No,

*Walk up to a girl*

GUY 1: HEYYYY, I JUST GOT R-R-R-RAPED BY SOME PROBES EARLIER TODAY
GIRL 1: ....What?

/end Day9

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
I'm married, we live together and I love it. We communicate really well. We do have our fights but that's cause we are both hot heads. I feel the fights make us communicate better for the future :)

As for the sex, after being together for almost 3 years that is not the most important thing to either of us I believe. I can see Seth saying otherwise lol.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
>just I haven't "asked her out". We're just kinda dating, not committed yet.

Ah, the sweet moment before you overwhealm her.

Btw, may I ask for how long ? Usually after the second or third date (at the latest) I have won her. (or failed.) Also, I know I move a bit fast, but still, I am interested to know how much time you guys spend before doing the final move (as a RL referance, most of my friends do it how they feel it :] )

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
>just I haven't "asked her out". We're just kinda dating, not committed yet.

Ah, the sweet moment before you overwhealm her.

Btw, may I ask for how long ? Usually after the second or third date (at the latest) I have won her. (or failed.) Also, I know I move a bit fast, but still, I am interested to know how much time you guys spend before doing the final move (as a RL referance, most of my friends do it how they feel it :] )

It all depends on when I feel right about it. We spend a lot of time together, like pretty much most of my freetime. I have no set time period, I'm in no rush.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I'm married, we live together and I love it. We communicate really well. We do have our fights but that's cause we are both hot heads. I feel the fights make us communicate better for the future :)

As for the sex, after being together for almost 3 years that is not the most important thing to either of us I believe. I can see Seth saying otherwise lol.
Well, I Just lol'd! and I kind of agree with your first point.

Lyzet

Reaction score
Hey, im not really using this forum much, but when i stomped upon this thread, i felt like giving my 2 cents.

Just a week ago, i had a girlfriend, wich i had been with for 2 ½ years, we knew eachother in and out, we laughed together, and had some really good moments.
But, we had tons of problems, we didnt have 1 thing in common, besides the humor, so we were argueing, and would never agree to a point in any discussion.
This was going on for 2 years, atleast, and the relationship was kinda dying out, we got TOO comfortable with eachother, wich lead to loosing the mysterious things in the relationship.
Then last week, it has gotten to a point where both of us have had enough, since we were both tired of spending so much energy in keeping the relationship alive.
But, the sex was amazing, so we both agreed to keep in touch, not in a relationship, but more "friends with benefits"

Now im not saying sex is the most important thing in a relationship, cause its not- i believe the ability to laugh together is one of the most important things, aswell as having a heart that smiles inside of you everytime you hear the voice of your so called girl/boyfriend, or see their face shine upon the sky (?). BUT i believe sex is VERY important in a relationship, since it is an activity (?) that connects the two people more than anything, and lets put it like this:

If the sex in a relationship is boring and dull, so is the relationship right?
If the sex is amazing, it actually helps the relationship right?

Now i told you i had nothing in common with my girlfriend, wich is sometimes good, and sometimes not.

"Not having anything in common" can be good to challenge the relationship, for excitement and opportunities to actually polish all the buttons. (?)

But, i do believe having some things atleast, in common, is a very important thing. I had the humor in common with my girlfriend, without that, i wouldnt have been able to be with her for 1 week. Having a humor both partners understand and share, is a must. A relationship where no one laughs once in a while (atleast) is a dying relationship.

Just what i wanted to say

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.