Should human cloning be allowed?

Should human cloning be allowed?

• Total voters

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I vote 'yes.' Do we have to explain why?

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
After all the movies about clonings and how they dominate the world I have to vote for no.. NO MY CLONE TELLS ME TO VOTE YES! OR HE WILL EAT ME!..

Nah but seriously, human cloning would be a bit ... "unhumanic". Don't you think it's scary running down the street to buy a coke when suddenly you see yourself right in front of you robbing a bank?

More problems, what about DNA tests etc? They will have the same DNA right? But still, your clone commits a crime, a witness saw it and took a photo on the clone. Next day you see your own face in the newspaper with the title "Two women dead".

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
I voted no.
This is one of those nature-laws-not-to-be-broken eh?;)
Imagine the chaos it can, and doubtlessly will, cause!

Clones and real humans unsure about who is the real person. Clones creating a riot because they have to do all the stupid work (they stay our clones, they stay human, they keep hating stupid work, so.....)

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
I think no.

1) Cloning breaks the rule of limitation of human life.

" My grandfather just died last week. "
" So? Let's clone him! "
" Great idea! "

Seriously, people will die eventually, and cloning just breaks it when cloning can (or will be able to) create a perfect copy of someone.

2) Well, some religions are against it.

" That is not how human was created according to .... "

3) If someone dies, so let him die. Not make a copy of himself just like a backed-up file.

4) "Your worst enemy is yourself." Hell yeah. Imagine facing someone just like yourself.

" I am darkRae. "
" No, I am. "
" Really? I bet you don't know how that name was made. "
" Actually I do. "
" Says who? "
" Says me. "
" Not me. "

duyen

Reaction score
Here's a reason I'm against it:

A lot of people would be cloned just for "spare parts". Wouldn't it be so depressing for you if your parents told you that?

Also clones could be the next slaves, people invented just to do work.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
1) Cloning breaks the rule of limitation of human life.

" My grandfather just died last week. "
" So? Let's clone him! "
" Great idea! "

Seriously, people will die eventually, and cloning just breaks it when cloning can (or will be able to) create a perfect copy of someone.
Actually, the clone would need to be born, so it would not be exactly the same as the grandfather, because the clone would need to grow up exactly the same way as the grandfather.
3) If someone dies, so let him die. Not make a copy of himself just like a backed-up file.
Clones are born, too. They would grow up just like regular people do.
4) "Your worst enemy is yourself." Hell yeah. Imagine facing someone just like yourself.

" I am darkRae. "
" No, I am. "
" Really? I bet you don't know how that name was made. "
" Actually I do. "
" Says who? "
" Says me. "
" Not me. "
The clone would be X years younger than yourself, X being when the clone was born. So not only would the clone not look like yourself, but it would have a different personality.
A lot of people would be cloned just for "spare parts". Wouldn't it be so depressing for you if your parents told you that?

Also clones could be the next slaves, people invented just to do work.
That is a very valid point.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I voted yes. While there are many issues with cloning, mostly them being slave labor or some such, I think they are mostly unfounded. First, people will not make clones for "spare parts". If someone needs a leg, they will clone a leg, and then grow that leg. There is already technology for doing this under development, and it's very similar to cloning, so you would probably get both around the same time.

As for clones being slaves, what makes a clone any more likely to be made a slave than anyone else? The only difference between them and you is that they have a identical twin or two, or ten or a hundred. How does this lead to slavery? If anything, I think the main use of cloning will be to grow body parts as replacements. (individual parts, not a whole person who is then chopped up) I mean, what use is there for doing all this work just to have someone who looks like you?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I voted no. As for everything about same personality as yourself, the clone will be brought up differently. There are things other than genes and inheritance in yourself.

I just think it'd be... weird to have a copy of yourself walking around. There are no perfect humans. Every clone would be imperfect. (Unlike with Animals, you can clone a chicken which lays a lot of good eggs to keep getting the same quality and quantity of eggs).

If you want more humans, reproduce ;)

Then again... If you said genetically modifying humans (Nearly the same as cloning, but replacing some stuff in the fertilized egg) It'd be different. You could make humans which can live underwater, fly, glow in the dark, etc [eventually].
This'd help save lives and be useful. And a new race could be created :D

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Should human cloning be allowed to take place?

Please remember to read the Debating Rules before posting.

yes, the rules.

Rules said:
You may not post debates for the time being. If you have an idea for a debate, send a PM to SilverHawk or Ghan_04 explaining the idea you have in mind. Do not send requests to other staff members or post a new thread without permission.

Zakyath

Reaction score
yeah, but you can only have one and it has to always wear a red scarf so you know who's the clone.

Nah, but seriously, idk :O

C

Cryo

Yes, but after we make a perfect clone we should complelety stop. It will cause alot of coruppetion in are socitiy

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
No... Like we need more people in this world. Like many reasons said above, theres to many negatives that outweigh the positives (If there is any)

And really humans are 99.98% the same, so really we are all clones of eachother in some form or another?

Then again... If you said genetically modifying humans (Nearly the same as cloning, but replacing some stuff in the fertilized egg) It'd be different. You could make humans which can live underwater, fly, glow in the dark, etc [eventually].
This'd help save lives and be useful. And a new race could be create

The saying "Don't play the act of God" comes in here... Not referring to any religion when saying this, I am saying you may not like the outcome of your actions.

Theres a reason we evolved and adapted to the way we are, there is no need to change that.

Reaction score
Only to provide us with a supply of delicious baby meat.

(Yeah, I'm joking)

Seriously though? I just don't like the idea of cloning humans and the social, political and medical consequences. Even if we could eventually use genetic engineering to create a disease resistant human genome, etc, surely cloning wouldn't be the only way to translate these discoveries into a form beneficial to the human race.

Maybe cloning embryos for stem cells would be acceptable? I certainly don't support the creation of conscious beings through cloning.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
I voted no, but I do believe that it could be allowed if you cloned and just took the clone for the stem cells for research.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
If you used the clone for stem cell research, that would be the same thing as killing.

Well, I feel that this could save the lives of people who are currently alive, and if you take the embryo before 4 weeks, it wouldn't feel a thing as the brain wouldn't have developed yet. Besides, when doing IVF right now, the scientists usually create several embryos, and you don't think that they fertilize all of them? They already get rid of lots of embryos, might as well put them to good use.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I say let them all die. It's how it should go. Why prolong life when our planet is overpopulated?

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.