• 3 Adverage

Votes: 8 11.0%

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • 5 Awsome

Votes: 39 53.4%

• Total voters

night_wolveX

Reaction score
Samuro, my, wow:) The Man Himself:D finally, you have come back:) I have wanted to meet you and talk to you for the past 3 years since i discovered you work. I tried many times to contact you and killst4r during that time but u seemed to have vanished from this timeline. Just to assure you i have been posting your name and killst4r's names in all 3 of my credit sections with regards model, skin and trigger work. I would never post ur work without ur name in the credits. Because u didnt reply to my emails for permission or even help me with my project, i believed crediting ur name and work would be sufficent. I even made sure not to duplicate your Lost Temple map as respect from me to your teams achievement.

Now that i have your attention maybe you could help me continue this project and finish what you started. If ur interested plz let me know.

night_wolveX

Reaction score
No guys nothing new really has been done recently, ive been talking to chocobo about sounds and it has been very slow. I feel like doing it myself but i cant find a good midi converter yet so hopefully i can keep things going. Also ive been very sick the last week which has made it impossible for me to work on the project at all so im just getting back to it.

Be patient guys ill get there eventually and it will be worth the wait.

night_wolveX

Reaction score
well everyone, The new material im adding to the new updates is going to be sweet. So far this is what ive done

New Dark Templar Unit:
Since i began the new updates ive been trying to decide on adding in a Dark Templar unit for protoss, this has been very difficult to decide as many factors needed to be considered in order for the models to be implemented. After thinking it over and discussing it with a project fan i have decided to add the dark templar model.

New Starcraft Progress Bar Skin:
This skin i made myself and looks sweet as hell. It wasnt hard to make and works perfectly.

New Unit Queue Skin:
I also made this skin which i basically changed the grayish border to a more blueish to match the new progress bar colours.

New Dark Archon Unit:
This model has just come out and i intened to add it in with the Dark Templar. I havent edited the skin yet but am looking into getting the modellers assistance to help make the rest of the models i need.

Other than that just little twitches here and there balancing and bug fixing which will all be posted in final update release readme files.

Ill be posting screenshots of all the new content on the project homepage very soon so stay tuned.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
it is possible to do a starcraft like armor system, you just have to use the ability of the mountian giant (hardened skin or something, the one that reduces damage)

S

SlasherXpert

Nice! thanks for updates!

Humans still need goliaths though...

S

SlasherXpert

umm why is the file just a map with the basic default trigger and no imported things?

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Just downloaded the maps, and I have to say I love them! You should know there are a few spelling errors, and the Zerg Lair is hard to select for some reason, and I'm not sure what the Vindicator is doing in a Starcraft mod (as opposed to a Ghost mod)... Still, the modeling and the use of custom resources are nicely done, and I'm waiting eagerly for a version with all the bugs worked out!

night_wolveX

Reaction score
Since no one has posted any comments lately i guess ill have to post something to keep this project gorum on the front page, so ill tell you what ive been up two lately on the project:).

Ok ive been working very hard updating all 9 maps with all the lastest improvements ive got for the new upcoming versions. I actually very impressed with the new developments and i cant wait to start playing them on bnet with other players to see how they respond to the new material. I no longer play my old versions now becuz of all the bugs and such contained within them so its pushed me to finish these updates as soon as possible.

As for the release date, well i hope it to be sometime next week, I would like to allow players to be part of the testing program and i want to set dates for testing on bnet which anyone can join in. If anyone is interested post comments or priv msg me and if i get enough people ill make testing dates:) Now if all things go smoothly the new maps pack will be released next week so ill keep u guys posted.

As for the update info heres what ive got;

Maps - Some maps like Neo Lost Temple and Big Game Hunters maps have
been edited slightly

Quest - Updated Credit Section with Kingofjunk & Norinrad name's for the work they provided to the project

Icons - New Stim Pack Ability/Upgrade/Buff Icon Now Available (Project Acathla Icon)

Models - New Dark Templar Model & Skin Added

Skins - New Build Progress Bar skins Implemented
- New Build unit Queue skin Implemented
- New Transport Slot skin Implemented

Units - Have change Zerg Larva previous setting of 'Is unit a Building' from 'True' to 'False'
- Have change all Zerg eggs previous setting of 'Is unit a Building' from 'True' to 'False'
- Have added resources cost to Protoss Carrier
- Spell Checked and Edited Zerg Larva Name
- New Protoss unit Added 'Dark Templar'
- Increased 'Protoss Interceptor' attack cooldown to 1.30
- Reduced 'Zerg Overlords' HP Regeneration down to 0.30
- Increased 'Terran Marine(dummy)'s' turn rate to 0.60

Ability - 'Select Larva' Ability created for 'Select Larva' trigger
- Changed Duration times to 0 for 'Permanent Cloak' ability
- New 'Spider Mine' Ability created for new 'Spider Mine' Trigger system

Trigger - New 'Select Larva' Ability/Trigger Implemented
- New 'Spider Mine' Ability/Trigger's Implemented

Still new improvements might be added to the final product before releasing

S

SlasherXpert

NICE!!!
Now the carriers will be less UB3R UNBEATABLE!!! YAY!!!

Though still no goliaths...

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
night_wolveX, I don't usually see your maps anymore, why is that? I liked your Fastest Possible map with the Zerg AI. Can you do anymore maps which include AI? Or is it because of the 4 MB limitation?

night_wolveX

Reaction score
Pretty much yes the 4mb limit is the sole reaosn y half the stuff u guys ask for arnt included in the maps yet. Im doing everyhting i can do find ways to add more material but its getting harder and harder as more material is slowly implemented into the project. Like i have said before the more people i get support and assistance from the more able ill be to add new material.

As for my maps popularity well im doing everything i can to get my maps out there to the public and have them post on at least 5 other sites. But id like tho see them on bnet alot more. I have only seen them hosted once or twice online and ive heard them being hosted from fan members as well. I hope the new updates will help promote the project further and also provide great maps to play.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Man, curse the 4 MB limit. I just wish Blizzard would change it to 6 MB at least. Anyway, I voted a 5 because of the Fastest Possible Map 2.1 with AI. I also liked Starcraft Blood 2.1 by DaXtreme or somthing like that name. I like your maps night_wolvex, make more with AI when the MB limit raises!

night_wolveX

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Sorry i havent posted much news lately, i just brought a cart and ive been focus on that they last few days. Anyways the maps can be downloaded from various website all over the net here ate a few

http://warcraft3.filefront.com/

http://mods.moddb.com/6470/

http://www.filefront.com/

http://hiveworkshop.com/maps/

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/

Some sites have the maps for individual downloads and others have the maps pack available. and thank you for all the votes guys, i love seeing more votes on the poll and any feedback u can provide me that hasnt been alrdy stated is always welcome.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.