triggers

B

brad77567756

just from a breif look at this forum I am gessing that trigger questions come up alot but I am gonna ask for help on this anyways I am trying to set up 2 triggers 1 is so that whenever a SCV or respective unit steps on a becon it gets telported to another beacon inside of a closed area and vice-versa for that triger I can get any number of SCV's too go one way or the other but only once then the trigger dosent happen anymore. the other is the closed area that the becons telport to is the only mineral spot on the map and is surownded by a cliff (sort of) but I want any unit that goes in that area to be destroyed other than the SCVs being teleported in. if need be I can set up a web page so that I can put screen shots to explain this better any help will be greatly apreciated

O

OblivionDrak

For the first trigger, I think that putting in an action called preserve trigger should fix it, but I really don't understand what your trying to say. I also think that the second trigger can e fixed by putting the enclosed area into a location an then making a trigger to destroy all units except scv and put in preserve trigger on that too. Hope I helped!

Z

Zander292

hi

i need help with a trigger that as soon as you build a probe The probe gets destroied and a Archon takes its place.

And i want to know how to bring a unit to a building and then it gets destroied an a dragoon (or any other unit) Takes it place

And and i need o know how no make a archon destroy a turret and getting minerals in stead of a probe getting minerals at the real minerals

F

-fool-

brad77567756 said:
just from a breif look at this forum I am gessing that trigger questions come up alot but I am gonna ask for help on this anyways I am trying to set up 2 triggers 1 is so that whenever a SCV or respective unit steps on a becon it gets telported to another beacon inside of a closed area and vice-versa for that triger I can get any number of SCV's too go one way or the other but only once then the trigger dosent happen anymore. the other is the closed area that the becons telport to is the only mineral spot on the map and is surownded by a cliff (sort of) but I want any unit that goes in that area to be destroyed other than the SCVs being teleported in. if need be I can set up a web page so that I can put screen shots to explain this better any help will be greatly apreciated

use the action preserve trigger yea. without it all triggers olny work once. most triggers use preserve trigger.

i need help with a trigger that as soon as you build a probe The probe gets destroied and a Archon takes its place.
You need move locations. Now by doing this, it means every probe on your map is going to turn into an archon. Not just ones you just built. I dont know if that is what you want but theres no other way around it.
So

Conditions
, always,
Actions
: center a move location named Archon on probes at anywhere,
preserve trigger.

That part is done. It makes a location go to your probes. If you need to do other stuff in the future like this use move locations. BTW - you need to make an actual location name archon on your map, anywhere. make it small. big enough for a probe an archon.

Then make a new trigger. this actually make your archons and deals wwith the probes.

Conditions:
Current player brings atleast 1 probe to location archon
Actions
remove 1 probe at archon
Create one archon at archon for current player
wait 100 miliseconds
preserve trigger

the wait is to ensure nothing messes up. i dont know why but every time ive used a move location it felt sloppy so i look for any way i can to make it work.

And i want to know how to bring a unit to a building and then it gets destroied an a dragoon (or any other unit) Takes it place
If this building is in one spot the whole map (like bathroom wars and sellers and buyers) ok. If it is a building you can build anywhere, use move location like above and center it around your building.

Make a location called LOCATIOH
Condition
CURrrent palyer brings atleast 1 dragoon to location
Action
Kill 1 dragoon for current player at location
Create 1 Hero Dragoon at location for current player
wait 100 miliseconds
preserve trigger

you need a new trigger for each unit you bring to that spot.

[/quote]And and i need o know how no make a archon destroy a turret and getting minerals in stead of a probe getting minerals at the real minerals[/quote]

2 ways: 1 use points, the other use buildigs razed.
Each unit is worth a certain amouint of points, so killing bigger things gets you more money. Using razess is all the same, 1 razed for 1 building. bigger stuff is still worth 1. Either way it doesnt matter, you do the exact same thing. You need about 5 triggeers to make this work the best, very easy when you know 1.

Condition
Current players score is atmost 10,000
Actions
Subtract 1,000 points from current player
Modify resources for current player: Add 5,000,000 minerals
Preserve trigger

Now make another one, but increase the condition 'at most' value to like 100,000, and make the subtract 20,000, and add 20 times as many minerals. that way when you have 1million points it doesnt go down 1,000 at a time and goes faster depending on how many you got.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.