What would you like in the Trigger Editor?

B

BlizzScripts

i meant , ideas. im current making usefull ones but some are hard to a beginner to use. but ok u can update it in first page ;)

Rad

Reaction score
Bump again.. Ok Ill answer, How about making 'last created unit' and 'last created unit group' locals so that you can use them for dummy units but use a wait and remove them? That way you can do something like...

Code:
Actions~
Unit - Create 1 (Dummy) at (Position of (casting unit)) facing default building degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to (right-click) to (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)
Wait untill (Last created unit) is in (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast) with size 200,200 checking every .5 seconds
Unit - Explode (Last created unit)

Now, correct me if im wrong, last created unit is updated whenever ANY unit is created, therefore if you spawn a footman it will explode and the dummy would remain. Not that Im really using this trigger I just wrote it off the top of my head, but there should be a local version of it.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
U might want to set the dummy unit as a var.
Like this:
Code:
Set Dummy [Player number of (owner of (casting unit)) = last created unit
and u may have to change the exlpoding to Dummy [Player Number of (Owner of (Casting Unit)) ^^

Ill insert it for u i guess:
Code:
-Unit - Create 1 (Dummy) at (Position of (casting unit)) facing default building degrees
-Set Dummy [Player number of (owner of (casting unit)) = last created unit
-Unit - Order (Last created unit) to (right-click) to (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)
-Wait untill (Last created unit) is in (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast) with size 200,200 checking every .5 seconds
-Unit - Explode (Dummy [Player Number of (Owner of (Casting Unit)))

P

Persen

Rad said:
Bump again.. Ok Ill answer, How about making 'last created unit' and 'last created unit group' locals so that you can use them for dummy units but use a wait and remove them? That way you can do something like...

Code:
Actions~
Unit - Create 1 (Dummy) at (Position of (casting unit)) facing default building degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to (right-click) to (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)
Wait untill (Last created unit) is in (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast) with size 200,200 checking every .5 seconds
Unit - Explode (Last created unit)

Now, correct me if im wrong, last created unit is updated whenever ANY unit is created, therefore if you spawn a footman it will explode and the dummy would remain. Not that Im really using this trigger I just wrote it off the top of my head, but there should be a local version of it.

In the future, i will make a complete dummy system, with the ability to manually create, cast, move, order, remove and so on...

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
I would like an event like this:
Move <unit> to <position> over <time>
Would save helps when creating drags spell and such.

I would also like something that hides a unit for a player, or all players but one. Don't know if thats possible though.

The third thing would be to detect the unit that is 'entered/come in range of' in 'Unit in Range' actions. I'm sure that isn't possible either.

Ohhh... I just remember I discovered an annoying thing with your create local variables trigger. You can't set it in the GUI. It's really starting to annoy me.

P

Persen

Move <unit> to <position> over <time>
Would save helps when creating drags spell and such.
DotA-Crime, can you take this one?

I would also like something that hides a unit for a player, or all players but one. Don't know if thats possible though.
I don't think so...

The third thing would be to detect the unit that is 'entered/come in range of' in 'Unit in Range' actions. I'm sure that isn't possible either.
Im sure of it too.

Ohhh... I just remember I discovered an annoying thing with your create local variables trigger. You can't set it in the GUI. It's really starting to annoy me.
And this is, guess what, not possible.

T

ThE-eNiGmA

It was precisely the limitations of TH WE that drove me to learn JASS. First I tried to figure out how to use the locals... I then did some research (which a lot of people don't bother to do) , and learned how to set the locals. At first i worked using custom scripts, but I soon realized the limitations. Then I started working from scratch or modifying other JASS scripts.

I'm not sure what I would want in TH WE. Since I code in JASS, including some useful JASS functions would be nice. I'm currently working on a beam function...but having a wee bit of difficulty. I did find the special effect functions useful, though.

B

BlizzScripts

i dont know if u can call new event, i saw that there's an booleanxpr comand in each native event, but seems not working using it, i tried to make Hero Dies and reciving negative feedback. but i also found a way to make a chat unable to send like u type and doesnt work :) (still on cheats.j) :p some day maybe i will get it :p
but currenty im making a DEL key i think its able beacuse u can call it :) but i need to find the "c-comand" of that. DEL and Insert are realy able to!!
its getting good here :p
and by the way sergin multiboard is the only one around here?
it uses a loop of actions i just use 4 lines with row 0 and do all :p
here tell me what else to add in it (Advanced Multiboard)
by the way persen i used udg_gc[] game cache array and use VT2VT(varibletype returns varibletype) to store info. but if u would like to change be free to ;P
-Hide comand is just tranps 100% and invunerable and locust.
image Multiboard
-im trying to create an executable with GUI :) realy easy though
Code:
Adv. Multiboard
Pause Timer:
Change Color Timer:
Disable Death: ( dont know if need )
-
Unit - Disable Team Attack for all Players
Switch: trying to steal it (switch) from C++ but its harder beacuse only the GUI is something hide couldnot find a way to open a loop or even thoguh a if then. but im getting something
(switch takes a varible and creat case 1.. case2.. case3..
-GO TO :P just messing with you guys, i tried but its kinda hard to loop ervysingle call :P
and more that is more advanced that im working but i dont wanna say beaucse it might be impossible and im hitting my head against it every day :P
Note that this multiboard to make for a begginer will only need a single
GUI comand called "Advanced Multiboard"
also can be started in Map init.
tell me something also to do (i will be adding Force name separing the teams)
but only will be able to 2.. dunno

Attachments

• Multiboard.jpeg
    Multiboard.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 196

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
how is this coming btw, is it worth dling, is there a place I can check out all the current features, w/o trying to read though 200+ posts?

btw i checked your first post, where can this be downloaded?

P

Persen

emjlr3, check the first post again. i added a link.

Dotacrime, can you slow down a bit, i cant quite understand what you say.
I'll make a WIN-EXE and a installer for the windows version, and Jazradel will make a mac installer.

by the way persen i used udg_gc[] game cache array and use VT2VT(varibletype returns varibletype) to store info. but if u would like to change be free to ;P
Why an array???

B

BlizzScripts

btw persen leeme try to make an exe.. with icon :)
and a GUI interface.

i used game cache array gc
to make like colors and configure color for timer.
save the name of multiboard
and more
i will be upating all soon but i need to colect more.
its realy usefull gamecache array like
udg_gc[1] = G2S("string")
udg_gc[2] - G2M(GetLastCreatedMultiboardBJ)
and go on.
and by the way a esc comand that will active and desative the ability
example: slow.
u press esc , it will check if u have anyability active\desative and will active or desative ability :)
tomorrow i will resume the scripts try to creat more and try to post here the 600 lines scripts :)

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
I suggest taht you use return bug exploiters as little as you can. They are somewhat slow. Also I suggest NOT using a gamecache as the array.

Ther is a gamecache limit of 256 caches (thanks bizzard) and I am not sure if that limit applies to non gamecache handles typecasted to gamecache.
Actualy the best is probebly to use a handle array. Even if I dont uderstand what the array is for in the first place ^^.

[OFFTOPIC] 600 lines? thats nothing ^^, My miniproject I made today is currently 500 lines. Everyhing writen by me. My BIG project is 2000 lines, 300 of them is the tables for vex's caster system. Actualy if you can handle a code whit 600 lines that is pretty good.[/OFFTOPIC]

Also I suggest that you keep the codes as small as possible, big codes = big mapsize.

Question: There inst place for an object editor scripting lanuguage inside that editor? ^^

B

BlizzScripts

600 lines if for mod lol.
if im gonna make a map at laest 2000 lines is used just to configure the map :/
and yes return bug is used :nuts: .
i didnt meant to use game cache but persen will configure to handle.
but i do like game cache beacuse some how it works ^^

phyrex1an

Reaction score
DotA-Crime said:
and yes return bug is used :nuts: .
Yes that is pretty much impossible to avoid today, but what I mean is not using 'Handle Varaibles' wich uses H2I each time you want attach something, rather go for vexorians 'Table' functions that is more like normal gamecache usage togheter with a single H2I for each function/set of functions.

Gamecahe roxs, but you should keep in mind that it isnt bug proof. Actualy if every single map should use a gamecache with its own label I should be a total disaster, when talking about single player maps.
Read about the limit: http://www.wc3jass.com/viewtopic.php?t=2334

B

BlizzScripts

lemme abuse the gamecache to 300 i use arrays and until now im fine.
but lemme check it straight.
and by the way: i did know about the 256 limit but i never meant to use game cache. :p
this is what i did its just a simple return bug for game cache.
Code:
function Cache2mb takes multiboard mb returns gamecache
    return mb
    return null
endfunction
function Cache2trigger takes trigger t returns gamecache
    return t
    return null
endfunction
function Cache2string takes string s returns gamecache
    return s
    return null
endfunction
function Cache2integer takes integer i returns gamecache
    return i
    return null
endfunction
function str2cache takes gamecache gc returns string
    return gc
    return ""
endfunction
function Int2cache takes gamecache gc returns integer
    return gc
    return 0
endfunction
function mb2cache takes gamecache gc returns multiboard
    return gc
    return null
endfunction
function Colors takes nothing returns nothing
    //[1 to 12] = standard colors
    //[1] = RED
    set udg_gc[1] = Cache2string("|CFFFF0000")
    //[2] = Blue
    set udg_gc[2] = Cache2string("|CFF0000FF")
    //[3] = Teal
    set udg_gc[3] = Cache2string("|CFF18E7BD")
    //[4] = Purple
    set udg_gc[4] = Cache2string("|CFF520084")
    //[5] = Yellow
    set udg_gc[5] = Cache2string("|CFFFFFF00")
    //[6] = Orange
    set udg_gc[6] = Cache2string("|CFFFF8A08")
    //[7] = Green
    set udg_gc[7] = Cache2string("|CFF18BE00")
    //[8] = Pink
    set udg_gc[8] = Cache2string("|CFFE759AD")
    //[9] = Gray
    set udg_gc[9] = Cache2string("|CFF949694")
    //[10] = Light Blue
    set udg_gc[10] = Cache2string("|CFF7BBEF7")
    //[11] = Dark Green
    set udg_gc[11] = Cache2string("|CFF086142")
    //[12] = Brown
    set udg_gc[12] = Cache2string("|CFF4A2800")
    //For Player Colum
    set udg_gc[13] = Cache2string("|CFF529CD6")
    //Timer
    set udg_gc[14] = Cache2string("|cff8c6239")
endfunction
this is just an example of strings, i use it for local triggers.

phyrex1an

Reaction score
For strings use a string array... That is x1000 times better.

The return bug realy has no good purpose if you not want to store things in a gamecache, not as a gamecache. Maybe if you want to store thing in the custom vaule of a item/unit. But to typecast just to store things in a global varaible has no purpose. Except for damagetype, weapontype and those types, blizzard bugged things so you can have globals for those vaules.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.