2 questions about placing buildings (model)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hello,

I got 2 questions about placing buildings:

1. How do I change the size of the placement model?

(I made the marauder actor-art 0.5 scale but the placement for it is still the same size)

2. My marine tower shoots fine, I just set the movement speed to '0' but when I put a 1x1 footprint for the marine, it can't turn anymore and mess up the weapon

I prefer to have a footprint 1x1 for my marine tower for the easier placement,

Does somebody knows how to fix this?

MissKerrigan

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
1) That is a complicated subject because placement models are created differently depending on how the model is set up. For example, Terran and Protoss Buildings typically have its own placement model which is linked to the actor via the Art: Model (Placement) property. Zerg Buildings on the other hand don't have a placement model. Instead the unit/building model is used and a Placement animation is played if it has one otherwise the Stand animation is played.

As far as changing the placement models size, if there is a placement model, then it is nice and simple and you just need to change the scale on the model object (model data type). However if you don't have a placement model (a .m3 file for the placement model; which will be the case for the marauder unit), then you need to duplicate the Placement Model actor object and modify the scale property to suit. Then on your units actor, set the Art: Placement Model property to the placement actor you just created.

2) Did the workaround I posted here not work?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.