2 Questions: Damage Area + Disabling The Abilites to Build/Upgrade/Research

zaqer50

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Alright, first question, relatively simple:

Is it possible to make the Unit - Damage Area command deal damage only to enemies of the unit? Or is there another way to do something similar do this that is possible?

Secondly, I seem to remember there being an action that disables Building/Researching/Upgrading on buildings, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Am I just imagining things, or is there actually a way to do this?

Any help is much appreciated.

LoveTD's

Reaction score
hey I had this same issue a long time ago and If I'm right then this line of jazz will disable a building from creating or making units (I'm not sure for upgrading etc..) If that was what you where looking for :p
Code:
call IssueImmediateOrderById( GetTriggerUnit(), 851976 )

T

The Mapmaker

Code:
Actions
    Unit Group - Pick every unit in ([COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Units in (Playable map area[/COLOR]) matching (((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        Loop - Actions
            Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Change the Units in (Playable map area)to wherever you want the area to be.

Next one is coming up.

T

The Mapmaker

Oh, I shouldn't have double posted, but here are some triggers that could possibly help.

Code:
Actions
    Unit - Set (Triggering unit) upgrade progress to 0%
    Unit - Set (Triggering unit) construction progress to 0%

I hope they help. And for the researching part, maybe an invisible Frost Wyrm might help (Frost Wyrm's Freezing Breath [or whatever it is called] has the ability to pause/stop the progress of a building's research, training, or construction [someone correct me if I am wrong]).

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
I do not believe that there is a action that specifically disables buildings/research etc... but what exactly are you trying to do? (maybe someone can give you a suggestion)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.