2 Questions (Multiboard, Camera)

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
1) Multiboard question: I have 2 rows that are supposed to display some things. Each thing should first be displayed in the second row and then if another thing is about to be displayed, the text of the second row will be transferred on the first row and the new thing will be displayed normally in the second row; like game messages. So, it will be like this:

Code:
---------------- (Row 1, blank)
New Quest - Ashenvale (Row 2)

(A new action is taking place, which is a receive of a new quest, called "Barrens")

So, it should look like this:

New Quest - Ashenvale (Row 1)
New Quest - Barrens (Row 2)

Then, a third action, called Icecrown Glacier

So:
New Quest - Barrens (Row 1)
New Quest - Icecrown Glacier (Row 2)

[You can see that Ashenvale quest is no longer there]

It's like i want to define what text is written on the second row and transfer it on the first row when a new thing is happened.

2) Camera: In the World Editor, scrolling your mouse wheel will result zoom in and zoom out. How to achieve zoom in and zoom out in-game?

Ancient-wolf

Reaction score
2) Camera: In the World Editor, scrolling your mouse wheel will result zoom in and zoom out. How to achieve zoom in and zoom out in-game?

>when ever you type -zoom (distance) you get zoomed into that position. try make triggers about it. i dont think you can use scroll like on WE in-game because scroll is already bind to another action.

Pharaoh_

Reaction score
No, i just gave that example to show you what exactly i mean with zoom in and zoom out. I want it so that when i select a unit, camera zooms in that unit. I know i have to make triggers, but what are they?!

rDs_RaVeN

Reaction score
Code:
Zoom In
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    Conditions
    Actions
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Position of (Triggering unit)) with height -50.00 above the terrain over 0.00 seconds

Pharaoh_

Reaction score
Didn't work :/ It just focuses above the selected unit. (Plus, you used "selling unit". It has to be "triggering unit" to refer on that one) Thanx anyway.

rDs_RaVeN

Reaction score
do you want it to folow the unit?
Code:
Plus, you used "selling unit". It has to be "triggering unit" to refer on that one

miss click in trigger editor

Pharaoh_

Reaction score
No, i want to zoom in, like in World Editor, where you scroll the mouse wheel and it results zoom in the point your current camera view is focusing.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Display Stuff
- Set Row1 = Row2
- Set Row2 = Stuff
- Multiboard - Set the text for item ... to Row1
- Multiboard - Set the text for item ... to Row2

Set Stuff = "This is some new text"
Trigger - Run <Display Stuff>, ignoring conditions

rDs_RaVeN

Reaction score
No, i want to zoom in, like in World Editor, where you scroll the mouse wheel and it results zoom in the point your current camera view is focusing.
something like this?
Code:
Zoom In
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -zoom in as An exact match
    Conditions
    Actions
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Target of current camera view) with height -50.00 above the terrain over 0.00 seconds
Code:
Zoom In More
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -zoom in more as An exact match
    Conditions
    Actions
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Target of current camera view) with height -100.00 above the terrain over 0.00 seconds

Pharaoh_

Reaction score
AceHeart, i am not 100% sure for something. I have 2 rows, remember? Ok, i set the Row1 and the Row2 variables, but now i need to set them properly. The first "- Multiboard - Set the text for item ... to Row1" is what row for? The first or the second? And then you gave me this: - "Multiboard - Set the text for item ... to Row2" If i set it Row1=Row2, it will result the same message on both rows at the same time. I didn't mean that, unless i didn't get your trigger. I want an action to be displayed in Row2, then if another action is taking place, display it in Row2 and display the previous one on Row1 now. If a third action is taking place, display it again in Row2, previous action of Row2 will again be transferred on Row1 and the very first action will disappear, since i only have 2 rows.
Please, if you still think that's the trigger, could you explain it better? It seems that i will get a different effect.

AceHart

Reaction score
Try it out? :p

> - Multiboard - Set the text for item ... to Row1
> - Multiboard - Set the text for item ... to Row2

"..." depends on where you want it.

Example:

- Multiboard - Set the text for item col 1, row 1 to Row1
- Multiboard - Set the text for item col 1, row 2 to Row2

No idea what your board looks like, but I guess you know where you want that text to show.

Pharaoh_

Reaction score
Ok, i tried it, but there is a problem: My variable is Real (at first it was Integer), and it is supposed to display damage taken. Set Row2 = (((Real((Name of (Damage source)))) + (Real( has damaged you for ))) + ((Damage taken) + (Real(.)))).
What happens in-game: It just displays the damage taken. It works, with row per row and thank you (even if i did not add the "Trigger - Run ingoring conditions", but it still works), but i don't get the result of the Variable, even if i got it in the row 2 to display row2 variable, it just shows damage taken; the name of damage source and all of the rest are gone. Why?

AceHart

Reaction score
> Real((Name of (Damage source)))

That makes little to no sense...

Multiboards show strings, nothing else.

Set Row2 (string!) = Name of (Damage source) + " has damaged you for " + String(Damage taken)

Other than that, cells also have some width.
If the text inside is too long, you won't see it all.

Pharaoh_

Reaction score
No, i adjusted the width of the cell already. I think it has to do with that string thing. I thank you very much! +rep my love :D Oh, is there any chance you know the camera issue? Because rDs_RaVeN's suggestion didn't work. Know that my camera will already have an angle. Actually, it will work like campaign (which has that 3d model) and when i select that unit it will zoom towards its face. Any suggestion on that?

rDs_RaVeN

Reaction score
No, i adjusted the width of the cell already. I think it has to do with that string thing. I thank you very much! +rep my love :D Oh, is there any chance you know the camera issue? Because rDs_RaVeN's suggestion didn't work. Know that my camera will already have an angle. Actually, it will work like campaign (which has that 3d model) and when i select that unit it will zoom towards its face. Any suggestion on that?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.