3.3 fall of lich king is out

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
We aren't able to because we don't have our ideal group. I've got a ton of people invited to the next run so I get to pick and choose some. Plus I've gone Unholy.
You make it sound as though a change in spec will make all the difference :p

Although, it does confuse me - why not just follow Oninuva's suggestion of 2 tanks? I haven't been to ICC-10 (or 25) yet, nor do I plan to anytime soon because my internet stinks of something fierce :)P), but it seems like sound advice (WoWWiki recommends multiple tanks as well, for the same reason, not sure about TankSpot, or if ArgentSun over at Wowhead has put up a Strategist blog for him).

If the general consensus is that 2 tanks will make it easier than using a single tank, solely by avoiding the effect of Rune of Blood, why not follow it. I mean, if it's generally accepted that Approach X works, why try to buck the trend and end up potentially busting your ass using Approach Y?

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
You need two tanks for every fight, but if we can beat Saurfang with Y, then why not. There should be two tanks in the raid and if we have to put one back in, so be it.

Unholy means EVERYTHING. Mobs will be taking more spell damage and that will help DPS overall.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Unholy means EVERYTHING. Mobs will be taking more spell damage and that will help DPS overall.
So, you don't raid with a Warlock or Boomkin? Would've expected a Boomkin, at least, for that lovely +3% Spell Hit along with 5% Crit

if we can beat Saurfang with Y, then why not
Keyword there being 'if' :p It seems a bit silly to subject yourself to, what sounds like, a self-imposed difficulty modifier purely for the hell of it, especially since it would be (if Armory is anything to go by) your first Saurfang kill

Prometheus

Reaction score
Unholy can do better single target, and AOE then Blood now.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't think 13% increase to magic & disease damage is going to make the or break the kill tbh.

And blood is more viable than unholy tbh.. dw frost beats unholy..

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
And on a completely unrelated note... forgot to post about it until now, but the 5mans are, IMO, awesome - the fights in Halls of Reflection are particularly fun (although a bit nerve-wracking when Arthas is within seconds of reaching you :D) and, compared to all the other dungeons around, they are quite challenging. I don't think trash mobs have ever annoyed me so much :D

Prometheus

Reaction score
HoR << Hate.

Picking up agro is too damn hard for tanks. Really kills my DPS when everything is half dead before I attack.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
They take aggro, they can tank - first run we did was fairly simple for the tank, just LoS'ed the mobs and dropped Consecration, no aggro lost :D And if DPS'ers can't keep their hands off their hotkeys until some aggro has been established, a useful Vote to Kick button has been provided for you. Alternatively, don't PUG :)

And how can you hate HoR, it's a fun challenge! :D Sadly, the other 2 dungeons don't really feel nearly as difficult as HoR. Gimmicky, but not very difficult

Prometheus

Reaction score
They made the shadow damage not crit. I have a 25% crit chance. So I'll be losing a small amount of dps.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Deathbringer Saurfang's Rune of Blood has been modified to heal 10 times the amount of damage dealt instead of 5 times the damage. This will make the encounter more difficult if you try to tank Saurfang with just one character. The tooltip does not reflect this change, but it will in a future patch.

Hotfixed on the 16th.

Tank with two tanks please.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.