3 different forms from shape shift

Happysmiley

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to create an ability that gives one of three bonuses = increased attack speed, higher damage or cleaving attacks. I tried to base it on druid bear form but it seems as if you can only have two different forms. Manually removing the hero and then add another with trigger doesn't seem like a good idea since you have to add exp, hp, items etc to the new hero every time..

So I was wondering if anyone here might be in possession of a better idea?

KingTobiazZz

Reaction score
you want your hero to randomly morph into one of three units wich all have a bonus ( increased attack speed, higher damage or cleaving attacks.)?
I don't think you can do that without triggering as there are no existing abilities with a random morph.
Or do you mean something else?

Happysmiley

Reaction score
The hero should be able to choose himself what bonus he wants. See it as a bear form with three forms ; Swift -> Strong -> Cleave -> Swift

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
You can use chaos. Adding the chaos ability morphs the hero into the unit determined in the chaos ability (in the object editor). There are some problems with this transformation, as bonuses will be added permanently to the new unit.
(You have to drop all items and remove all buffs to transform, to evade this bugs. But that way this ability could be used in battle situations as debuffer.)

You could also simply add bonus abilities and drop the idea of model changing.

Happysmiley

Reaction score
But would that work if I want it to be able to change back and forth? And also, change between 3 different models?

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
Yes, why not. I once made a hero which switches his form permanently as his ultimate. This ultimate had 3 levels, therefore 3 different models with increased movement speed. So why not return to the beginning :p

xXGauntletXx

Reaction score
You could make a dummy spell that is triggered to add the various bonuses.

Just make a bearform, cowform, and pigform or whatever you need and have them do a bear form transformation for each and use separate models for each bear form.

There's probably and easier method though.

Happysmiley

Reaction score
Yes, why not. I once made a hero which switches his form permanently as his ultimate. This ultimate had 3 levels, therefore 3 different models with increased movement speed. So why not return to the beginning :p

I'll take this in consideration :) I'm currently trying out another way of doing it, but if doesn't work I'll try your way.

You could make a dummy spell that is triggered to add the various bonuses.

Just make a bearform, cowform, and pigform or whatever you need and have them do a bear form transformation for each and use separate models for each bear form.

There's probably and easier method though.

Hahahahahah xD Yeah maybe :) Well thanks to the both of you, +rep!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.