3 fast Data Editor questions

Jokker

Reaction score
Hey again!
I have three questions regarding abilities. As I am getting more and more into the Data Editor, which is clearly my weakest link, I get more questions. Hope that there will be less soon. : )

The first one:
I'm making an ability that will trigger when you receive damage. It is a passive buff. This ability would deal X (Lets say 5) damage to the attacker. If I am correct, you need a buff behaviour. Need to edit the Combat: Damage Response + field. This field is pretty complicated though, as I would like to know how to change the fields to add the desired effect to the ability : P

The second one:
Another ability which is working the other way around. Again, passive buff. If you DON'T receive damage for X (Lets say again 5) seconds, add +1 life regen. I am not really sure if it is worked around Damage Response again. (Maybe add a charge to the ability and it would work if the charge is 1, somehow? And if attacked, removes charge? Takes 5 sec to regain the charge? Am I even in the right direction?)

The third one:
I recently made an ability which activated cliff jumping for 3 seconds for the caster. It is an Instant Cast ability. Has an effect with Initial and Expire effect. The initial is Add Reaper - Reaper Jump behaviour. Expire effect is Remove the same behaviour. It has the expire time of 3 seconds. It works fine and easy, but there is one problem.

When I use the ability it allows me to cliff jump just fine. The effect expires beautifully and after that I can activate the ability again.
The problem is that when I am jumping down the cliff and the effect expires while Im ordering the unit to jump up at the same time, this happens: The unit will land, then freeze, unable to move. Activating the ability again doesn't help either. The unit is immobile forever.
Is there any way to work around that?

I know this seems like a wall of text, but the questions ( I assume : P ) are pretty simple. So if you have the time and the knowledge, please help! : )

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
1) Correct. The Damage Repose property is fairly complicated. First set the Chance property to 1. Then scroll down down to the Handled property and set it to your damage effect. Then scroll down to the Target Filters property and change Invulnerable to Excluded (you might want to change a couple of the other target filters depending on your needs.

2) You can use a Damage Response again. First set the Chance property to 1. Then scroll down to Modify Amount and change that to a large negative number (eg -341505). Then check Modify Minimum Damage. I've actually spent quite some time trying to make a behaviour make a unit invulnerable but still targetable as a normal unit. This was the only way I could achieve the desired effect. As far as adding the life regeneration bonus, just use the modification property on the same behaviour. You can also set the duration of the behaviour to 5 to only make it last 5 seconds.

3) Not too sure about this one. I'll need to experiment around with it a bit before I can post a solution.

More questions mean this forum is more active, so think of it as a good thing. I don't have many questions, so all I can do is answer them :rolleyes:

Jokker

Reaction score
Thank you very much, Dave! : P I'll let you know how everything works out when I get home tomorrow : P

Jokker

Reaction score
This was much help!

Another question. What is the easiest way to add a special effect to the chance effect?
I mean that if it has lets say 20% chance to return damage, I would like it to make somekind of a visual effect as well every time the 20% works.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You need to create an actor for your visual effect (Set the type to Model and base it on Model Animation Style One Shot) and then link it to your desired model. Then edit the Event: Events + property and add the following event:
Code:
Behaviour.<Your_Behaviour>.DamageHandled
   Create

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.