Arena 4 Arenas Hero Battle / Batalla en las 4 Arenas

merlinds

Reaction score
"Four angels have fallen, and the four demons that captured their souls have come to the earth, now they defy all champions in a masive battle for the destiny of the world.
The most skillfull heroes have come to fight, for our world, for our people and for their honor.
Up to five teams of two heroes each will fight for the victory, in a mission that is about defeating the four demons and rescue the four angles."

From all corners of the earth, all kinds of champions presents their stregnth in the battle. Here they are:

The Samurai

samuraiz.jpg

Expert warrior in martial arts, wise master and fearsome opponent.
With all his years of experience, the Samurai, has developed a control so extesive over his body, that allow him to handle it beyond imagination, stopping the pain, handling his anger y reaching the point of challenging the gravity when he fights with his sword.

Supernatural Rock:

rockywq.jpg

Some says that he is a living stone, other that his a combination of animal, vegetal and mineral. What everybody knows, is that when the ground shakes is better to step aside of his path. Despite his size, he has a incredible movility and strength with no match.

The Ninja:

ninjacp.jpg

"For the moment you see him, it will be too late..."

Gravity Master

gravitymaster.jpg

Manipulating the electromagnetic forces, this heroe is capable of moving his enemys at ease.

The Trickster

garca.jpg

"In war it is important to win, no "How do you Win." With this motto the hero uses all sorts of tricks to gain an advantage over their enemies.

Dwarf

enanob.jpg

With the earth as an ally, the Dwarf is an enemy to fear. Capable of controlling the very rocks under the feet of his enemies and unleash devastating earthquakes.

Dimensional Master

dimensionalmaster.jpg

The ability to travel from one dimension to another is a great advantage in battle. But sending enemies through Dimensions, is what really makes him unique.

Hell Tree:

arbolb.jpg

A plant that has evolved at the point of develop the ability to move. Descendants of carniboras plants and murderer by nature. You can cannibalize other trees and then use your energy to rise to unimaginable limits.

The Necromancer:

necromancerx.jpg

Dark Magician by nature. Resorting to all sorts of dark magic, the Necromancer, can make the fight a living hell for their enemies.

Well those are the heroes, now I comment on the map.
First some pictures about the zones:
Electric Zone! (zzzzzzzziuuum):

area1t.jpg

Earthquake Zone:

area2.jpg

Marsh:

area3.jpg

Sleep Zone:

area4.jpg

These are the 4 arenas, each has a special property. I will not tell what they are, open the map and write "-areas" to find out.
In addition to activating the arenas, the command "-areas" enables various functions more:

The ghost: a ghost will appear at some random point on the map, scaring all the units around him.

Global Teleport: Teleports all units to an arena.

Runes: Every so often, it creates a random rune at a point on the map.

There are 3 sets of items: Warrior Set, Agile Set and Water Set (imagine for what class is each one - lol)

To assemble the sets are always used the same basic items:

Simple Armor: Needed for Warrior, Water and Agile Armor.
Swiftness Gloves: Required for Warrior, Water and Agile Gloves.
Speed ​​Boots: Needed for Warrior, Water and Agile Boots.
Simple Helmet: Required for Warrior, Water and Agile Helmet.
Simple Dagger: Needed for Agile Scimitar
Simple Sword: Sword Warrior Needed
Simple Staff: Staff Needed for Water

The effects of each set can see them in the game. XD

----------------------------------------------------------

Finally, the mode of the map:

You can play single player mode to a maximum of 5 players and dual mode up to 10 players in teams of 2.

You choose a hero in the Arena that appears in the shop. There you can buy some basic item and then choose one of the 4 outputs to the respective arenas.

During the first 10 minutes the game is fight and buying items
At 10 minutes the first boss appears, once killed it will drop a item that must be taken to the mountaintop. Once there you have to stand 5 seconds next to the fountaing.

Achieving this, normal play continues until 5 minutes after the second boss appears. Repeat the same process until you kill the 4 bosses and take the 4 gems. For every boss killed and brought gem adds a point. The team with the most points wins.

----------------------------------------------

Now some pictures:

The mountain:
montaaf.jpg

Bosses:
Beetle:

escarabajo.jpg

Knight:

caballero.jpg

Illidan:

illidanf.jpg

Bull:

torok.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Well, this is a Demo Testing map, so i added some extra commands to make easyer the testing:

"Nivel" set the lvl of the hero to 12.
"oroymadera" set the wood and gold of the player to maximum.
"mana" heals the mana of the hero.
"vida" heals the hero"
"mobs" creates some dummy enemies to test the skills
"-areas" activates the special effects of the map (VERY IMPORTANT)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, thank you all for reading, i hope you enjoy the map and give me some feedback.
As you might have noticed, the map is in spanish, is my main lenguague. I can not find any other way to test the map, since other WE forums in spanish have very low population and i do not want to play it in battle net until i don`t have some feedback.
So this map is aimed to spanish talking people, but if you speak another lenguague you can play it and try it any way.
I will be really thank full of any kind of feedback.

Here is the map so you can download it, and thank you again.

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/download/188385/75a9189207a8b642e6d4e876ae46373df5e37efc4eaa0d9c/4%20Arena%20Hero%20Battle%201.08.w3x

http://www.mediafire.com/?3jwkz2h6adk1jap

Please escuse me for the bad english, this is almost all translated with "http://translate.google.com.ar"

Have a nice day!!!

(EDIT): if you want the bosses to spawn faster, just have to edit 2 things. The first one: inside the category "Primer Boss" just change the event of the trigger "Primer Boss Creacion" and set the seconds to a lower value. And second open the category "Fuente" and the trigger "Fuente Checker" inside of it search for the action that starts the timer "BossTimer" and, again, lower the value of the timer.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
hey merlinds, there is quite a bit of spam on here, hard to read it all, can you put these tags around the larger pictures/lists of bosses and heroes: [noparse][/noparse]

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I actually thought the thread looked really good. It's obvious you've spent a lot of time on it.

The skills look REALLY good! Rockys fist attack was proper cool. A bit like the panderans spinny out attack, but rockys fist looks smarter :thup:

I never got round to doing the bosses, I just kept on restarting the level to check all the skills. Well done, you really have put a lot of work into them.

The tree seemed a bit weak compared to the others?

I didn't really get the terrain deformation in the top right seemed a bit overdone.

Really is a shame I couldn't read the tooltips but overall it looks like it's gonna be a great game.

An absolute must for any arena fans.

What did uther ever do to you?

EDIT: Soon as I can, i'm gonna rep ya (given too much out in the last 24 hours, i see that a lot)

merlinds

Reaction score
Thank you grags!! i really appreciate your feed back!
If you want to check the bosses you can open the map and edit the spawn times. as i said in the thread:
(EDIT): if you want the bosses to spawn faster, just have to edit 2 things. The first one: inside the category "Primer Boss" just change the event of the trigger "Primer Boss Creacion" and set the seconds to a lower value. And second open the category "Fuente" and the trigger "Fuente Checker" inside of it search for the action that starts the timer "BossTimer" and, again, lower the value of the timer.
I sure the map is not well balanced, since i never played it with more than 2 players. But i will check the tree and see what i can do.

may be your right about the deformation, but my original idea is to make difficult to target anything there, i will try to lower it.

And for uther, i just have him from the humans campaings, he is stupid, proud and weak! i allways loved arthas! jajajajaja

Again, thank you for your feedback!

GFreak45

Reaction score
i found some errors with triggered aoes, when you use this action it deals damage to everything:

Trigger:
  • Unit - Damage Area X points

instead do this:
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set Temp_Grp = Units within X Range of casting unit matching condition (Owner of matching unit is equal to an enemy of owner of casting unit)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_GRP and do actions
      • Loop Actions
        • Unit - Cause casting unit to damage picked unit for X damage using type ?spells?
    • Custom Script: Calldestroygroup(UDG_Temp_GRP)
the reasoning for doing it like this is it picks only enemies of the caster and it is leak-proof, a leak takes up ram and many things can leak if not triggered propperly

PS. Its still quite long, i was meaning put all the heroes in 1 spoiler, same with bosses etc

merlinds

Reaction score
in what skill do you find it? but there are some skills that i mented to be like that.

GFreak45

Reaction score
the earth/plant/animal hero, his aoe nearly kills him when he uses it

merlinds

Reaction score
Yeah, that skill was orignialy mented to be like that, but then i realize the same that you do. And im no sure if change it or no.
For your feedback i guess i will have to change it. :p
THANK YOUU ALLL!!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.