4 new Screenshots, 1 new Artwork and a vote on the Dark Templar!

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Hello recently the Starcraft 2 website got updated with 4 new Screenshots and 1 new artwork.

1. - In Screenshot one you can see a heavily defended Protoss base being swarmed by mass Zerglings and Hydras. You can even see the new worm like doodad that has been confirmed as a Zerg skeleton doodad.

2. - In the Second Screenshot you can see an all out battle between the capital ships of the Protoss and Terran.

3. - In the Third Screenshot you can see a battle between Terran and Zerg armies, the Creep seems to be team colored slightly. Also it is apparently night and raining so my guesses is that this is a campaign shot.

4. - The Fourth Screenshot shows Terran assaulting a Protoss base from a high cliff, we can see a new pylon death animation here.

Screenshot 1:

Screenshot 2:

Screenshot 3:

Screenshot 4:

Artwork:

To top that off, we have a new poll regarding the Dark Templars model. You get the choice of having either the original styled model, the new one, or both so when you build a Dark Templar you have 50/50 chance of getting model 1 or model 2. This Link shows the model animations and portraits but here are the images anyway:

Model 1 and 2:
darktemplarad2.png
The first one is Model 1, looking more like the Starcraft 1 DT, and the second one is Model 2 which resembles the Starcraft 2 concept art.

Vote for Your Favorite StarCraft II Dark Templar

The protoss dark templar has always been one of the StarCraft community's favorite units -- now, the community has a chance to participate directly in the dark templar design process for StarCraft II! Over the course of the next month, players will vote to decide which dark templar model will appear in StarCraft II multiplayer matches.

The first option represents the Lenassa tribe of dark templar, which made its debut in the original StarCraft. This unit carries a single warp blade, and a cloth shroud covers its face.

The second option represents the Zer'atai tribe of dark templar, who wield dual scythes and wear an ensemble of heavy armor and the bones of slain zerg.

The third and final option is to have both tribes represented: When you build a dark templar, either the Lenassa or Zer'atai dark templar would spawn randomly.

You can learn more about the dark templar here http://www.starcraft2.com/features/protoss/darktemplar-vote.xml . Voting will close on Febuary 5th at 11:22 AM CET. The choice is in your hands!

The choice is yours! Vote now!

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
The screenshots are linked incorrectly. When you click them it takes you to the wrong image.

Nice pictures nonetheless.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Gosh, those full screen versions look amazing!
I hope my computer can run these with normal/high graphics. :rolleyes:

I hope SC2's pathfinding and ability to handle movement with a large ammount of units will be better than WC3's. :)

kingbdogz

Reaction score
I hope SC2's pathfinding and ability to handle movement with a large ammount of units will be better than WC3's. :)

People who have tested SC2 said the pathfinding was TOO good, you could get Zerglings to easily swarm around the enemy with no micro required :D

Gosh, those full screen versions look amazing!
I hope my computer can run these with normal/high graphics. :rolleyes:

Blizzard has stated that low-end and old computers can even run it, they are trying their hardest to make Starcraft 2 look good and up to todays standards while not making low-end or old computers suffer.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
you could get Zerglings to easily swarm around the enemy with no micro required

I like the sound of that. I just hate that all the zerglings and zealots just cluster together right in front of the tanks and stuff in starcaft1. I takes the whole feeling away from it:(

Blizzard has stated that low-end and old computers can even run it, they are trying their hardest to make Starcraft 2 look good and up to todays standards while not making low-end or old computers suffer.

And what do they mean with low end? I hope that my comp can run it, but I would not count on it:(
It is a:
amd something 2.6Ghz with a fequenzy of 2Ghz
ati radeon something card AGP with 256mb memory
512 ddr ram at 233mhz.
cooling system: table fan:D
And the power box thingy is external;)

Anyone think it will run on that?:eek:

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
By "old or low end", I think they mean, if your computer is new now or if you buy one for cheap(ish) when the game comes out, it'll run fine, though probably at mid-low graphics settings.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
These graphics look different. Maybe it's because I haven't seen the screen shots recently or I missed an update.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
These graphics look different. Maybe it's because I haven't seen the screen shots recently or I missed an update.

Yeah there main goal atm is making the graphics look better, and the Single player which they have nearly finished. Beta is coming soon =)

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
God I can't wait for this game. I'm sure I'll get owned in melee by all the SC1 pros though. :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.