Report 60 million Americans don't use the interwebs

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A new study from the US Federal Communications Commission says that 93 million Americans don't have broadband internet access at home.

Most non-adopters cite "affordability and lack of digital skills" as the reasons for not steering themselves into the fast lane of the information superhighway, but many fear or are disgusted by the web. And millions just don't care.

FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski isn't happy with these numbers. "In the 21st century, a digital divide is an opportunity divide," he said in a statement (PDF). "To bolster American competitiveness abroad and create the jobs of the future here at home, we need to make sure that all Americans have the skills and means to fully participate in the digital economy."

The study says that 15 million Americans think that broadband access is irrelevant, calling the internet "a waste of time" and saying there's no content of interest to them or that they're satisfied with dial-up.

Last edited:

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I wonder if they are counting with that most old people don't even own computers and if they do they don't use it that much^^

Oh, and not to mention those people who live without electricity, I don't remember what they are called but you know what I mean:D

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe most writers and artists don't use the Internet much.

Maybe we can pick those out of the 93 million people.

Oh, and 15 million poverty-stricken people included.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
And then 92.5 million people who don't want it that much.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I don't believe this for a second. Every American I ever talked to on the internet uses it.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I don't believe this for a second. Every American I ever talked to on the internet uses it.

Did you know it's a statistical fact that 99.8 percent of all non-Internet users die? A statistic for non internet users is unlikely to be accurately created because they do not have facebooks and myspaces and tweets that remain un-updated for long periods of time, prompting an investigation into their livelyhood.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Because they are only accounted for being 10% of the population of USA. I don't know how you get the 99.8%.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.