A bunch of questions...

Anything.

Reaction score
4. How come Mana Burn burns more mana than the target has in mana? And then, as a result inflicts damage regardless of how much mana is burned?

5. I based a spell off of Cloud. It doesn't work. I disabled targeting Self on the fields and able to target allies and friend alike, as long as they are Non-Hero. The Hero goes up, and then silences itself, and stops channeling. When I make it target only enemies, the effect doesn't work at all.

8. Cleave doesn't work. Please explain fields.

(10. Non-existant.)

11. How come if a Unit kills itself with War Stomp, none of the effects show, not even on the units which still stay alive.

16. How do I decrease the radius in which the computer decides to send in reinforcements, if not at all? (I'm making an RPG and I would prefer if the computer didn't send creeps from all the corners of the map to reinforce, thanks.)

Answered Questions dump ;) (This is for my own sake)
Code:
[size=2]

[b]1.[/b] How do I get an icon to Share the same Disabled icon? Say I made an Auto-cast version of an already existing spell, but I don't want to overwrite the old spell. I have alread tried editing the path to PassiveButtons/PASBTNxxx.blp, and CommandButtons/BTNxxxOn.blp and neither work. [b]Answered.[/b]
[b]2.[/b] Please check this trigger and tell me why it just sets my mana to 115 instead of splInteger x 1.50? [b]Nevermind, solved.[/b]
[b]3.[/b] How come Rejuvenation sometimes doesn't work unless I play around the full health / mana button? I made a positive spell to cast on allies. I try to click on an enemy unit, it says can only target allied units, perfect. But, when I select a regular unit, it says can only target Heroes, perfect. But the problem is when I click on a Hero... NOTHING happens, spell unused, and no cooldown / mana cost / effect. [b]Solved.[/b]
[b]9.[/b] How do I get a disabled version of the secret icons which are in the game, but not searchable under the Icon selector, such as: [I]ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNRegeneration.blp[/I] [b]Solved[/b][/b]
[b]6.[/b] Why can't I use Doodads and Destructibles as buff effects? [b]Answered.[/b]
[b]7.[/b] Is there any way to convert Magic Bracers into a Unit skill with it showing up, but without a dummy skill to show it? (Yes or no) [b]Answered (No, I guess).[/b]
[b]12.[/b] How do I null the cheat "[I]Allyourbasearebelongtous[/I]" in a Single Player Campaign (I [b]don't[/b] want someone to skip levels and then ruin the RPG ;)? [b]Answered.[/b]
[b]13.[/b] I heard that there was some problem detecting when a unit casts an Arrow spell. Not really interested in it - just for future reference, what is it?? [b]Answered.[/b]
[b]14.[/b] Why doesn't Orb of Annhilation work for me? Sometimes it doesn't cost mana. Most of the time, it doesn't do the AoE. Sometimes there is no cooldown and it goes really laggy because the unit is attacking 100 times a second :banghead: [b]Answered.[/b]
[b]15.[/b] Do the mana costs total up before or after the effect of an ability is started Event? Does the unit lose the mana before or after that Event? [b]Answered.[/b]
[b]17.[/b] What the heck is an invisible platform?! [b]Ooh. I see XD[/b]

[/size]

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
3. Make sure duration is >=0.01 and make sure data life gained is >=0.01
6. Been wondering the same :/
7. Yes
8. Cleave only works on melee heroes, interesting data fields are Distributed Damage Factor (% of your damage that is dealt to nearby units) and AOE which is the AOE
9. Try searching with a tool like WC3 Image Extractor II
10. Create your own, import the active btn and remove border and set opacity to 47%
13. Auto-cast spells are special, if you press the button and select a target it is recognised as "starts the effects of an ability", but if you have it on auto-cast and attack a unit it is recognised as "unit is attacked"

Anything.

Reaction score
Arkan said:
3. Make sure duration is >=0.01 and make sure data life gained is >=0.01
6. Been wondering the same :/
7. Yes
8. Cleave only works on melee heroes, interesting data fields are Distributed Damage Factor (% of your damage that is dealt to nearby units) and AOE which is the AOE
9. Try searching with a tool like WC3 Image Extractor II
10. Create your own, import the active btn and remove border and set opacity to 47%
13. Auto-cast spells are special, if you press the button and select a target it is recognised as "starts the effects of an ability", but if you have it on auto-cast and attack a unit it is recognised as "unit is attacked"
Okay, thanks. I'm bolding things which I'm going to talk about in a second...

#1. Yes? I can change it into a Unit skill... But since it's in a different nature, the spell doesn't show up on the Hero / unit you give it to. If you can make it show up, then tell me how!

#2. These fields are fixed up and the Hero is a Melee Hero, yet the damage doesn't splash, and I have no other skills which overwrite Cleave.

#3. It's not programmed in, and if you import it, it doesn't show up as the Disabled icon.

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
7. Since there is no item called Magic Bracers I assume you mean Runed Bracers which give Spell reduction. I suggest you make a skill based on Hardened Skin (or any passive skill) and set all data fields to 0 so it doesn't do anything, then setup a trigger that let you learn the "invisible" spell reduction ability everytime you learn the passive skill.
8. Sounds really odd, I'm clueless.
9. I guess you could always make it yourself

Anything.

Reaction score
Arkan said:
7. Since there is no item called Magic Bracers I assume you mean Runed Bracers which give Spell reduction. I suggest you make a skill based on Hardened Skin (or any passive skill) and set all data fields to 0 so it doesn't do anything, then setup a trigger that let you learn the "invisible" spell reduction ability everytime you learn the passive skill.
8. Sounds really odd, I'm clueless.
9. I guess you could always make it yourself
Yeah, Runed Bracers, Magic Bracers, whatever. So, I'll be using a dummy ability then? Sure why not.

About making the icon myself - it doesn't seem that the icon accepts that I have imported a disabled version, no matter what I do. Looks like I'm doing something wrong?

Darox

Reaction score
5. For cloud, you would probably need to have a dummy unit, so that the hero doesnt stop his own cloud instantly.
11. Im pretty sure this is because Warstomp was never ment to kill the user, so it gets confused when that happens, and because the caster died before the spell was fully completed, none of the effects turn up. (You get this sometimes when you kill a unit just as its casting.)

Anything.

Reaction score
Darox said:
5. For cloud, you would probably need to have a dummy unit, so that the hero doesnt stop his own cloud instantly.
11. Im pretty sure this is because Warstomp was never ment to kill the user, so it gets confused when that happens, and because the caster died before the spell was fully completed, none of the effects turn up. (You get this sometimes when you kill a unit just as its casting.)
The Hero doesn't stop his own cloud. He isn't targetted by the spell at all.

The damage shows on the units, but I have a trigger which makes effects on the units which it targets, but if the Hero dies, the effects don't show - it's like if a unit with buffs dies - the effects are removed - but the units don't die.

G

Goauld

1. This is not possible, you need to have a disabled icon for each different icon. And the filenames must be the same except for the DIS at the start of the disabled's filename.

6. Because. Many of them have a <base> model and they don't work in buffs correctly.

9. If it shows a green icon, then check with image extractor if it really has a disabled icon and if it doesn't just do it yourself, search for warcraft icon pack in wc3campaigns.

11. You mean it targets self and enemies? May be a game issue, try triggering the damage on self.

12. The codes cannot be nulled, but they work only in single player.

14. Orb of Annihilation is one weird ability when it is modified, use Quill Spray instead, it is basically the same thing.

15. Starts the effect is when the ability goes in cooldown and mana is already spent.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
12. Create a boolean variable and, when the game starts, store it in a game cache as false. When the player finishes the map sucesfully, turn that boolean to true and stoe it again, overwriting the previous value. When the second map starts, restore the boolean and check it. If it's false, the player cheated. Then do whatever you want. :p

17. Put a couple of them one near each other. then raise them all in the air (not too much), at the same level. put a unit under them. Test the map. See what happens and you'll understand what is it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.