A couple random questions

BadWires

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been messing around with the editor the past few days, and I've run in to a few random questions. It would be great if someone could help me out with them.

1. How do I make the camera follow a unit by panning? When I try to use the camera controls, the camera stays in one spot and follows the unit just by turning!
  2. If I make a unit group, is there any way to reposition a single unit without having to take it out of the group, move it, then put it back in the group? When I try to move a single unit it moves them all.
  3. How do I make a unit use an ability? Is it the enable/disable ability? Or does that just allow the unit to have that ability or not?

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been messing around with the editor the past few days, and I've run in to a few random questions. It would be great if someone could help me out with them.

1. How do I make the camera follow a unit by panning? When I try to use the camera controls, the camera stays in one spot and follows the unit just by turning!
  2. If I make a unit group, is there any way to reposition a single unit without having to take it out of the group, move it, then put it back in the group? When I try to move a single unit it moves them all.
  3. How do I make a unit use an ability? Is it the enable/disable ability? Or does that just allow the unit to have that ability or not?

1. There is a action telling the camera to follow a unit.
2. You can use Pick Every Unit In Unit Group and use a loop to cycle through it to get the unit you want then set it to a variable, or just set that unit to a variable in the beginning of the trigger so it cant be used at anytime.
3. Enable/Disable allows the unit to have the ability or not. To cast abilities use the action Issue Order.

BadWires

Reaction score
1. There is a action telling the camera to follow a unit.
2. You can use Pick Every Unit In Unit Group and use a loop to cycle through it to get the unit you want then set it to a variable, or just set that unit to a variable in the beginning of the trigger so it cant be used at anytime.
3. Enable/Disable allows the unit to have the ability or not. To cast abilities use the action Issue Order.

Thanks for the response :thup:

For response question 2, I was thinking about in the editor, not during actual gameplay.

BadWires

Reaction score
Well, I found out how to make the camera follow a unit, just in case anyone is interested. You have to do Follow UNIT GROUP, and the convert the single unit into a unit group. Otherwise the camera stays in one point and just tracks the unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.