A Model File for Shadow.Geminus

trigger_newb

Reaction score
hi all, im new to sc2 and I was just playing this dota like custom map called Storm of the Imperial Sanctum, and found that the unit models for the heroes are extremely cool! I was wondering if anybody knows the model file for shadow or how to create it :)
ty in advanced

trigger_newb

Reaction score
yea , can't figure how to tint characters black... is it in the actor division? i tried changing the color to black for the model/actor but the unit it self didn't change.. help :s

EDIT:
Er... do you have a screenshot of him? I haven't played SotIS in a while, or even used Shadow.Geminus, but isn't he just a Dark Templar (possibly even a Zealot) who had been tinted black?

EDIT: Oh, it has little snake-like things attached via Site Operations, I think... but other than that, it's a Dark Templar tinted black

what is that?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Tinting may have to be done via triggers - I can't find anything under Units, Actors or Models so... :\

what is that?
It's a mechanism for attaching one Actor to another (sort-of like special effects attached to units in Warcraft 3, but with more options available) - there's a tutorial on it in the SC2Mapster Tutorial section

trigger_newb

Reaction score
lame..

i find a way for tinting,.. but didn't really work, it doesn't really tint the colors as much as i wanted it to; im so disappointed that blizzard had made these steps somewhat difficult and the ui quite hard to use

EDIT: no changes. at all

basically you go to the unit model actor, modify the "events+" section add new event "SetTintColor" there are other variations but im not quite sure what they did.. ifanyone finds a better way to tint besides reskinning the unit totally please let me know

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.