A question considering Unit models ;)

Evil Seal

Reaction score
Hi folks ;)
I got a question to ask my fellow Helpers.
Is it possible to change a model of a unit in game via triggers, if yes, how?
Do I need to use morphing abilitys?

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
Well you can use Chaos, which basically changes the unit from one unit type to another. You would just need two identical units and you are good to go. Remember that you need to remove all auras to prevent it from adding the stats gained from that to the new unit.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not possible.

What you can do is switch the unit to another unit with same values but different models.
The easiest way to do this for several units for a player is to use the "chaos" ability, which is also used in the campaign to turn all the orc units into chaos-orcs.

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
Note though that when you use it on heroes it will add its current stats to the other units. So for example if you have a claws of attack +5, the morphed unit will have 5 extra attack and still have the item and its buff, so +10 in total. I do not know if Blizzard has fixed this bug, but I think not.

NotInTheFace

Reaction score
There is a way to do this using Bear Form as well.

To transform a unit from unit type A to unit type B:

Create a Bear Form based ability with Data - Alternate Form Unit set to unit type A and Data - Normal Form Unit set to unit type B. Also remove the Techtree Requirements. Then you add and immediately remove the ability from the unit you want to transform.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.