RPG A request

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
After working on an RPG solo for quite some time, I've realised it's far too much for one person to take on in any decent amount of time so I've come to the boards seeking a sort of partnership. I'm hoping to find someone to cover my weak areas (Hero design :thdown:) and also provide all around support and/or work on general things to help the progress of the map to it's ultimate goal; A working release.

Game summary:
As of now it's pretty much a cut and dry RPG, which is more focused on a team setting and following a story more so than most ORPGs today where you just run willynilly out into the wild leveling and stuff. Most dungeons will be tied to a quest, and completion of the dungeon generally results in completion of the quest with a nice reward & repeatable dungeon for loot if you're longing for something else in there. Items play a crucial role in the game since they'll be the make or break factor in a lot of fights, as well as your jobs. Rather than following the base class the whole way through, this game offers you a choice through the job system. When you reach the main city, you are able to complete training which advances you to the job of your choice. Here's a basic outline of the jobs:

Code:
          (Offense) Avenger > Crusader
[COLOR="Red"]Fighter[/COLOR] >(Defense) Defender > Guardian
          (Sneaky)  Thief > Assassin

(Long range) Eagle Eye > Sniper
[COLOR="Lime"]Archer[/COLOR] >(Speed&Pet) Hunter > Ranger
        (Stealth) Bounty Hunter > jailer

(Support) Alchemist > Divine
[COLOR="Blue"]Mage[/COLOR]>(Offense) Wizard > Sage
      (Summons)Summoner > Puppeteer

These ofcourse can be changed and modified as we go, and I have the first 3 classes done so far so there's still a bit of work to be done. The leveling for the jobs is going to be roughly 10 for the first job, 20 for the second and 30 for the third. There is no hard cap or anything for the advancement, but it's merely based on when you can complete the quest for them. The quests for the jobs will be difficult and are required to be completed alone so it gives a kind of pride when you complete them. Also the jobs will be jumps in power, so that you are not forced to return to weaker monsters each time that you advance in job; you can keep a steady movement forward in the game giving it a better flow.

I'm not looking for anyone who will give their life and soul for the game; if they do that's ok but it's completely not a requirement. I'm seriously just looking for someone to help smooth it over, and keep it going. Xfire would be lovely since it's really easy communication and file transfer, and ofcourse decent hours available.

I'll go ahead and attach the map here so you can open her up and see if you like it, and if you do just reply to the thread and we can see if we can work it out. Thanks :]

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
No offense, but don't you think it's better to start with something ... more simple? I checked your map in the editor and realized it's completely GUI made. Also, I don't think Lordearon Summer is a good terrain choice.

I recommend you start out with something more simple ... like a tower defence or DotA style map, get some experience with mapmaking and then start from the scratch again.

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
Just because something is JASS doesn't make it fantastic, nor vice versa. A TD would seriously offer nothing. Terraining can easily be re-done.

Now if you have anything else constructive to say that'd be lovely ;]

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
He was constructive.
Decent RPGS requires few or more Jass systems, and random scripts to clean the leaks. Well, as long as you have a jassy friend whos covered your back, it's allright.
I liked map idea, still, I think you should've done more before coming here.
And Pupeteer isn't a good name for a summoner. How about Soulkeeper?

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Don't you need to have more classes then just 3 initial classes?

Say take a look at the other rpg not made in warcraft, I don't think they were that simple either ;)

Also, tell us what makes this RPG unique or fun or special in a way or it would be Just Another Warcraft Map

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
Well it moves all the differentiation to a bit later in the game and considering you were just sent from your hometown you are packing just some basic skills, but are able to train to be specialized in a lot more later on. That's my justification for the 3 base classes, anyways.

And what makes it different I suppose wouldn't be so much as the superficial fancy items or dungeons or anything since just about everyone has those, but the team setting required provides a lot of uniqueness whereas in most other games its alright to solo everything after you've used your team to get a few items. This game was aimed to require you to have a cooperative team with team players picking smart classes rather than just whatever looks the coolest or has the flashiest spells. Also a storyline backing your actions, as opposed to just wandering aimlessly through the world, and though some other games do have a sense of progression they often don't have any guidance throughout it. I tried to usher the players along the plot via the quests and dungeons intended to provide some meaning as for what you are doing rather than just purple gear.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.