Add armor?

Wratox1

Reaction score
hello, ive come back to wc3 editing business :)

is there any way to add and remove armor on a unit without using abilities and add and remove them?

//Wratox

EDIT: i could add some things:

in my map i have lots of tiles, the players are converting these tiles.

i would like to have the armor display the number of tiles you currently control.

i cant use the add item armor ability since you can only have 100 levels on the ability.

i cant use tomes since for that the unit needs to be a hero and mine is not, and i dont want any of the hero stuff, like agility, strength, etc.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
There's no way to do it without using abilities. And 100 armor doesn't need 100 levels. All you need is 2 different abilities with 10 levels each.

1st Armor ability (10 levels) - 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
2nd Armor ability (10 levels) - 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90

This combination will allow you to have up to 99 armor. If you need 100 exact, you'd need 1 more ability.

Wratox1

Reaction score
i would really want to change the base armor, but i guess thats quite impossible with my restrictions :( i will probably do as you said unless i find another solution.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Yeah, it's impossible to change the base armor, except using upgrades. But upgrades cannot be degraded in terms of level.

Wratox1

Reaction score
yeah i know :(

hey, just a thought, can you change the color of the strength, agility and intelligence values by setting the attributes names to |c000000?

because then i could use that + textures\black32 as icon for the attributes, then i might be able to use a hero instead. though, can you decrease armor with a negative tome?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I believe it's possible, haven't tried.

And I think it's valid to decrease a Hero's armor via tomes. Doesn't tome (armor) on work units with inventory as well?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
The snippet I made might be able to help. Check out 'Set Damage' in my signature. It's for damage. But just change the ability to armor ones instead and it will work the same.

Damage/Armor settings work with the basis of what is been suggested posts above.

Wratox1

Reaction score
i checked it out and it looks good so far, but is it working with several units owned by different players? i will need to update the armor like every .50 seconds on at most 12 different units, all owned by different players..

Wratox1

Reaction score
and i dont have to change anything in the triggers except target and change damage bonus to armor bonus?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Yeah. That's about it. Only the ability. You can change the name of the variables if you want to. Also, make sure the armor abilities have proper bonuses set in their respective levels.

Try it out. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.