Add more attacks to units

Bdawg

Reaction score
Hey this is bdawg agian, Sorry have a lot of questions

I was wondering if someone would be nice enough to tell me how to add more attacks to a photon cannon.
I want the photon cannon to shoot 5 attacks instead of 1 can someone help me with this.

THX
BDAWG:shades:

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
You need to create a persistent here which can be triggered the photon cannon shoot 5 cannons
For this in the weapons 'photon cannon attack launch' set the effect to 'photon cannon create persistent' (ofcourse you have to create this effect first)
And in the persistent effect you can set the photon cannon damage impact effect

1. Go to effects, create new effect and call it 'photon cannon (persistent)'
2. Set the attacks to '5', you can also create periods here if you need
3. Somewhere at the bottom of the persistent effect, you can set the damage effect of the photon cannon

You said you want the photon cannon attacks 5 cannons, can't you just let the cannon shoot a lot faster?
In this case you go to weapons-Stats-Period (the smaller the period, the faster the cannon shoots)

MissKerrigan

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Uhm, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you wan't multishot on your Photon Cannon?

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
The way MissKerrigan suggest will work but in a different way that is not what I think you want.

With what MissKerrigan suggests, every time the weapon fires, it will fire 5 attacks with a small delay between each attack but all will go to the same target.

If I understood you correctly, you want your weapon to attack 5 different targets at the same time without any delay. Funny thing is, the solution how to do this is almost the same as the one I gave MissKerrigan for a different problem a couple of days ago.

Solution A: Make the weapon attack several times
Here's a modified explanation of the response I gave MissKerrigan, that will apply to your problem.

First of all, I need you to create a new effect of the "Search Area" type. Call it "Photon Cannon(Search)" or something.

Open the search: area field. Right click in the empty list with areas and add a new one. Set the maximum count to the amount of targets(5?), the radius to whatever the range of your weapon is and the effect to the set effect "Phase Cannon - Photon Cannon (Launch Missile)". Press okay

Open Search: Search filters and uncheck Ally, Neutral and player. Go through the list and find all the stuff the weapon should not try to attack. Double click these things twice so they say "excluded". Do that for Dead, hidden and missile at least and double click visible once it's at "Required". Press okay and close it.

Now it's time for the magic part. Open Target: Target sorts. Set Request count to 1 and request percentage to 1. Add a value to the sorts list below. Pick TSRandom.

The last step is to go to your weapon and modify it's Effect: Effect field. Change it to Photon Cannon (Search).

Solution B: Add more attacks to the unit
You can also just add more attacks to the unit. Go the unit's Combat: Weapons field and add "Phase cannon - Photon Cannon" 4 more times. I think you have to edit the weapon's options though. In Weapon: options, I think you have to uncheck "Linked cooldown".

Some unrelated notes:
I've been inactive lately for several reasons. Skyrim is out and it's awesome although it's stealing a lot of my time. I'm also closing in on 1000 posts(999 as I speak) and I have planned something special for my 1000th post. It's not ready yet so I have to finish it before I post another post. Hopefully, it'll be done this week. It depends on how much time I spend playing Skyrim.

@MissKerrigan: I am proud that you are starting to understand the editor and how persistent's work.

Bdawg

Reaction score
Attack multiple targets at once- Instead of just 1

Hey guys everything has been helpful but i cant figure out exactly what you guys mean can you put a pic tutorial please.
I was also wondering if you know how to attack several units at the same time. (Or is that what your telling me already?)
Thx
Bdawg

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Solution A in Siretu's post is what you are looking for.

Basically, Siretu's Solution Awill allow the cannon to fire on 5 DIFFERENT targets at a time.

MissKerrigan's solution will allow the cannon to fire 5 rapid shots, per attack, on ONE target at a time.

Siretu's Solution B will give the cannon 5 different weapons, such as how a Thor has an anti-ground weapon and an anti-air weapon.

Hope that clarifies things.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.