Adding Buffs to Trigger?

L

Largs

I'm doing a trigger that pauses the target like stun
It works but I Want to put a buff in the target called
Frozen!
So after, with other skills, i'll can remove this buff!
can somebody help me???

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want the buff (i.e. the icon under Status) you have to actually cast something on the unit. A dummy would probably be the best way. The spell doesn't have to actually do anything.

L

Largs

If you want the buff (i.e. the icon under Status) you have to actually cast something on the unit. A dummy would probably be the best way. The spell doesn't have to actually do anything.

But The frozen Buff comes from a Trap that when the enemy target steps on(Obviously) frozes the enemy target!!

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
So, does the trap cast a spell on the unit? If so, you need to add the buff to the spell that it casts.

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
can you be a little more specific in your problem. I have like a billion solutions in my head, but I dunno which one works for your specific problem

is the trap a unit attacking?
does it cast a spell?
is it a trigger?

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
Or you can always use a slow aura with no effect that affects only the caster, and changing its buff accordingly.

-Mihai

Knocksious

Reaction score
what we need to know, to give you specific help, is whether the spell trap creates dummy units that attack the final target, or just uses triggers to add the "stun", or uses dummy units to cast a spell on the final target.

L

Largs

what we need to know, to give you specific help, is whether the spell trap creates dummy units that attack the final target, or just uses triggers to add the "stun", or uses dummy units to cast a spell on the final target.

Trap uses trigger to pause the target!

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try this: Order some dummy unit to cast a modified version of Slow without any sort of art, nor any slowing effect: just a buff named "Frozen" that tells the player "This unit is Frozen".

The unit is paused anyways so... even if the slow does nothing as long as the buff is there it should look good enough ;)

Knocksious

Reaction score
ok, instead of having the trigger just freeze the target. Create an ability based off of storm hammer or another freezing ability, change the target art to nothing, and give it to a dummy unit. When the trap is triggered, have the trigger that used to simply freeze the target create a dummy unit that will cast the modified storm bolt on it. The stun can be set for however long you want it to be, and you can rename the buff whatever you want it to be :)

L

Largs

ok, instead of having the trigger just freeze the target. Create an ability based off of storm hammer or another freezing ability, change the target art to nothing, and give it to a dummy unit. When the trap is triggered, have the trigger that used to simply freeze the target create a dummy unit that will cast the modified storm bolt on it. The stun can be set for however long you want it to be, and you can rename the buff whatever you want it to be :)

Sorry cause I'm a new "programmer" hehehe
But how do a I make the Dummy unit cast an spell that adds Buff?
'cause I already "summon" a unit the trap!

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try this: Order some dummy unit to cast a modified version of Slow without any sort of art, nor any slowing effect: just a buff named "Frozen" that tells the player "This unit is Frozen".

The unit is paused anyways so... even if the slow does nothing as long as the buff is there it should look good enough ;)

Try this.

Knocksious

Reaction score
Daxtreme; said:
Try this.

he wants to be able to dispell the buff though....

@Largs
Ok, when the trigger goes off you create a unit called "trap" (or something to that extent) correct?

well, have that same trigger create another unit that has no model file, this unit is called a "dummy unit" give the dummy unit negative HP regen (so that it won't leak) also give the dummy unit a custom ability.

base the custom ability off of storm hammer or another ability that stuns. create a custom buff called TRAPPED and pick whatever art you want for it, change the custom ability's buff from "stun" to "TRAPPED" make the duration whatever you want. This way you can dispell the buff AND pick whatever art (or no art) you want to go with it

TheCrystal

Reaction score
Can't you just make an item, that gives an Aura for 3 seconds and then it just dissipears (Duration)?
Aura stats-Target self, 100 attackspeed+Movemantspeed reduction..

L

Largs

he wants to be able to dispell the buff though....

@Largs
Ok, when the trigger goes off you create a unit called "trap" (or something to that extent) correct?

well, have that same trigger create another unit that has no model file, this unit is called a "dummy unit" give the dummy unit negative HP regen (so that it won't leak) also give the dummy unit a custom ability.

base the custom ability off of storm hammer or another ability that stuns. create a custom buff called TRAPPED and pick whatever art you want for it, change the custom ability's buff from "stun" to "TRAPPED" make the duration whatever you want. This way you can dispell the buff AND pick whatever art (or no art) you want to go with it
One more problem(very easy I think!)
How do I make the unit use the ability
(the unit can be my own trap that is build when I use the ability?)

Knocksious

Reaction score
yea it can

just make the ability cooldown 0 and the mana cost 0
then do the trigger action
order (your trap unit) to (whatever ability you based the freeze ability off of) the (target unit)

L

Largs

yea it can

just make the ability cooldown 0 and the mana cost 0
then do the trigger action
order (your trap unit) to (whatever ability you based the freeze ability off of) the (target unit)

Where is that man??

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.