adding/removing Locust possible?

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I know its not possible in GUI, as the Locust ability is coded so that it will not appear in any other list than when giving abilities to a unit in the Object Editor field for Abilities.

But there must be a simple costum script line for removing the Locust ability, or is it is impossible to detect in code as well?

white_mouse

Reaction score
I know its not possible in GUI, as the Locust ability is coded so that it will not appear in any other list than when giving abilities to a unit in the Object Editor field for Abilities.

But there must be a simple costum script line for removing the Locust ability, or is it is impossible to detect in code as well?
@ Necrach : I found this action:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Remove Locust from (Triggering unit)

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
Code:
Custom script: call UnitAddAbility (GetYourUnit(),'Aloc')
Unit - Hide (YourUnit)
Unit - Unhide (YourUnit)
That should do it, I think. Hiding and unhiding makes the unit selectable again.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
it depends on what you call "remove", the ability itself might be removed with the script but the effect will stay forever. you cannot completely remove the effect of locust once a unit is affected.

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
@ Necrach : I found this action:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Remove Locust from (Triggering unit)

Are you sure we are using the same editor? :nuts:

Something struck me. The normal problems with replacing a unit (selection, current order, the unit being a hero with skills, etc) is usually no problems if the unit you are replacing are a Locust unit. Eg, replacing a unit with Locust ability to one without it should work in most maps/abilities.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
replacing a unit is just a bunch of other functions which are called internally.

its nothing but removing the old unit and creating a new one at its position.

and no, you cannot remove locust with the vanilla editor nor with the standard JNGP functions. the function shown above is most probably a WEU add-on or similar programm.
though it is just the jass script line converted to a GUI action.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.