Advanced unit spawning. Help please.

TS42119

Reaction score
I'm rather new to the trigger system, but the more I learn, the more aware I become of how critical it is to making a good map. I hope someone can help me.

My issue comes from trying to create a hero ability that allows me to open a portal at a target location, and spawn units for a short time (30seconds). After which it closes.

The trigger I'm trying to use is simple.

-I set a region to spawn desired units at the desired rate. Then turn it off.

-I set a spell to summon a unit with the art switched to "Shimmering Portal" and give it the locust ability. I then turn off collision, grant it invulnerablity, and set it's hp to regenerate negatively. This gives a wonderful portal that will close at a desired time. Avoiding triggers for now.

- Sadly a trigger is needed here, and I set to move my inactive region to where I target the ability. The condition calls for the specific spell.

When this happens two triggers are activated. 1. The unit spawning region is activated. 2. An alternate trigger is activated that turns off the spawning region and it's self after 30 seconds.

The result is a portal that opens and closes but spawns nothing. I almost had it working but their was a 50% chance it would fizzle and do nothing. I assume from trigger timing conflict.

There are art and timing issues that I need to work out, but I want to get the concept functioning before I get into that. Should be an easy fix. With the right help of course. :3

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
create an ability based on pocket factory and just changed the spawned creature and the unit art.

TS42119

Reaction score
Im going for mass multiple unit spawns, of seperate units. Preferably at odd intervals >.< that way they flow out, instead of all at once, or one at a time. Silly, I know, but I love the extra details like that.

Is there any way to get pocket factory to have multiple unit spawns?

ExTrainHeartnet

Reaction score
Create multiple dummies to cast multiple pocket factories at your own timing -

Not sure if you could create more copies of the ability with different cast time to give u even more timing adjustments

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.