RPG Aeyl's Spectral ORPG

Aeyl

Reaction score
Aeyl's Spectral ORPG
V1.0c

This is my current map project, it's unfinished but I could use some constructive criticism and ideas to help the process. Each hero comes with their own 'Attribute Skill' and can choose from 3 others.

Systems in the Map (which I can think of from the top of my head);

-Equipment System
-Item Drop & Creep Revival System
-Save/Load System
-Damage Detection System
-EXP System
-Stash System
-Hero Respawn & Teleport System
-Chat System
-Random Weather System
-Vote Kick System
-Recipe System
-In Combat System
And probably more.

Ive been working on this for several months and now is the time were I need opinions.

What I believe are the features of this map;

-Custom Spells
-Item Attachments (Weapons Appear on your Hero)
-Hero Classes
-Choose your own Spells
-Quests
-Custom Items
-Unique Attribute Skills
-Nice Terrain :)

Things that still need work at this stage;

-Adding all credits
-Adding more hero classes to choose from
-Adding more spells to choose from
-Adding more Item Recipes
-Possibly adding more systems
-Pvp
-Creep Arena (more levels)
-End Game (dungeons and bosses)
And finishing the map of course.

So please, have a play through the map and have your say!

Thanks,
Aeyl

Map Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?e2z3amyfgm4

-Brainiac-

Reaction score
Good Looking Map!

First of all, sucks that if you level up you have to walk back to your starting point to level up your skills. (Didn't try to level up a skill I didn't had but i'm not sure if that bugs, will test that on my next level) (Doesn't bug, very nice!)

2nd. Why do you made only one quest giver? (Maybe you made more and that I just need to discover that, We'll see) (More questgivers so I never said this :D)

3thd. How come that your items being dropped if you pick up another item? Doesn't happen with all the items but if you pick up: Ruins Statue, and you pick up an Fishermans Gloves, the item in your inventory drops and the Fishermans Gloves will come. It happend with another stat item to (wich gave +1 strengt) But Fishermans Gloves give AS and not any additional stats. Don't know if you did that on purpose but I would say: If the items contains for example an additional stat point and the new item to, they get exchanged.

4th. For mostly all the quests you have to kill creaturs, but imagine if you play this orpg with 8 players. Then the creep spawn delay is to long. Maybe cutting that back.

5th. Somewhere it said; Removing all items in <seconds>. But all the items I didn't needed that were on the ground stayed. If they are not getting removed or else, are other players capable to pick them up and use my loot for their own purpose? (The removing works)

6th. One of the lobsters at the southern beach runs away after you attack it. Is disturbing, and really is if you are a melee hero.

7th. If you start on your second quest the boss you have to defeat is a little to strong, well not a big problem you can kill creeps for some more levels to but maybe reduce his HP a little?

8th. Can you actually buy Item potions? Would be very handy since the Aid skill works only once 5 mins and there is not always a fountain nearby. (Though if you play with more players there might be someone with the 4th hero wich has a healing spell)

Made it so far, will test more :) I know I'm a pain in the ass but maybe your gratefull about that xD

9th. The bosses don't regenerate HP, think that is a must because else you make things very easy.

10th. The gate opens for all players, maybe add a region in front of the gate and let it check with a condition if you are one of the players that finished the previous quest, and after that open the gate?

11th. I noticed that your passive skill Seal of Protection has the tooltip: Deals X damage per second to attacking Enemies and Allies. Why the hell should allies attack you, and for the second thing. If you active this skill does that mean allies will be attacked by it?

12th. Your passive skill Blood Bath even works after you died, don't know if that should be like that.

13th. If you reached the second city and you die trying to kill the leader of the Bandits, you get respawned at your start location. Would be nice if you respawned in the town you just arrived in? (Ah you already thought about that ( Just read something in your Quest Log and found that you had to click the Tumb Stones for that))

14th. The creeps go from level 1-3 to 10+ by switching from an area? And on your way to the town of eui'yal there are just trees, no oppenents, no gaurdians that could defend the passage. (Also noticed that on the left side of the path to the next town there is an open area with an opening to the water. But nothing leads to there? That is under construction or..? )

15th. What is the purpose of the circle of powers at the shops? I mean If you go and stand in there nothing happens...

Well I can't get any further, its to hard on your own. These are the Questions I had (Above) but I think its a great game but you reach the end very quickly ( means till where I came I just took 10 mins ) But as you said/and you can see its still under construction so more will come i'm sure! :)

Maybe I'll play it trough with a friend tomorrow to see how it goes in multiplayer.

+repp for you and hope you finish up soon:D Can't wait till its done!

Regards

Aeyl

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! These are the exact comments I need. I really appreciate the help, and will start making changes to my map soon. Some of the things listed were weird, as in I've never seen them happen before but will look into them.

1st: Ill place the Skill Level Stores inside the Stash room for easier access.
2nd: Yeah more quest givers are in the second town ^.^.
3rd: Some items drop because they are of the same type, Ruins Statue and Fisherman's Gloves are both Trinkets and the Equipment System only allows you to have one trinket. If that was what you meant. Ill make it so your old item gets sent to your stash to make it easier.
4th: Ill quicken the creep respawn rate.
5th: Yeah removing items should work.
6th: Will look into the crazy lobsters.
7th: Will reduce his HP a tad. (Don't want to make it to easy for group play either >.<)
8th: Can't buy item potions unfortunately, Ill see if I can make it so you can, but i'm not sure if the equipment system will agree. But maybe I can reduce the cooldown on First-Aid.
9th: Will make bosses regenerate HP and rename them to something else because there not all meant to be bosses, they're just supposed to not respawn. And will name bosses something obvious like; Boss: Seal Protector.
10th: All players share the same quests. Could probably change it so everyone has their own quest depends on everyones opinion.
11th: I based the spell Seal of Protection of off Lightning Shield and couldn't change that it harmed allies. Guess I got a bit lazy, Ill try basing it off a different spell.
12th: Odd thing for Blood Bath, will look into it.
13th: Yeah Rune Stones :).
14th: Ill change the level difference of creeps so that its a more smooth transition. Probably by adding higher level creeps in the beach area. Will also add something later to empty water area, and will add creeps to ambush you on your way to the second town.
15th: The circles have no purpose just there for looks, I can remove them if they are annoying.

Thanks again,
Aeyl

Aeyl

Reaction score
Screw my life, I had nearly finished all the changes (4 hours worth of work) when the power goes out. Now i'm back to square one. Expect new version later in the week.

-Brainiac-

Reaction score
Screw my life, I had nearly finished all the changes (4 hours worth of work) when the power goes out. Now i'm back to square one. Expect new version later in the week.

Sucks! :( Had the same thing, WE bugged and lost 3 hours of work :p

Anyway, i'll play it trough with a friend tonight/tomorrow so I can see if I can find more things.

Yes with bloodbath that happend after leaving the 2nd village omw to the Bandit Captain. I died and Bloodbath keep damaging the creeps.

Also (forgot to write this yesterday) Wall of Fire is really a TO strong attack, You can cast it let the enemies walk trough it and they die in 1 or 2 seconds. Maybe reduce its damage :p Also, why does it give the art model of thunderclap and after that a line of fire? Well looks cool just wondering why xD

Good Luck on your map! :thup:

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Nice going with the terrain. I'd probably make unexplored terrain invisible though, it looks strange otherwise.
Also, I never got past the first quest, how do i get crabs legs? I kept killing and killing but never got any

Otherwise, nice game. Hope you finish it.

Aeyl

Reaction score
New version release 1.0b!
Crap ton of changes and fixes.
-New Side Quest in Kin's Camp
-New Areas for the Side Quest
-Changed Item Stashing, Will Stash Items you are to low level to use and immediately give back your old item. When picking up a new item you are able to use, it will stash your old one. If your stash is full, it will not stash items.
-Added new enemies in beach zone level 5 and 8 for smoother transition to next area.
-Put skill shops in stash for easier access.
-Quickened respawn rate
-Changed Crazy Lobsters with Naga Guardians
-Lowered Bandit Leaders Armor
-First Aid changed alot. Now called Potion Belt and it heals your health and mana. Uses charges which can be purchased and drop from creeps. Has 30 second cooldown. Type -charges to see how many you have. Starts with one charge.
-Renamed bosses to Scourge of Spectral, bosses now have Boss: next to their name.
-Seal of Protection changed to Immolation.
-Removed Useless Circle of Powers.
And probably more which I cant remember.

Joccaren that is really strange how you were not getting any crab legs (I assume you were killing crabs lol) and looking at all my triggers it seems impossible that, that would happen :confused:.

-Brainiac- there was a thunderclap after firewall because you were playing a manacaster, and the manacasters attribute ability is to deal extra damage after casting an offensive spell, thus making the thunderclap effect :p.

In next version I will reduce the damage of firewall, make the unexplored terrain invisible, see if I can fix bloodbath (I didn't make the spell), add new spells and heroes, add new areas and quests and possibly add the first dungeon. I might also start adding the story line + stories for the side quests.
Thanks guys for helping me out!

Thanks,
Aeyl

Aeyl

Reaction score
New Version Release v1.0c!
To many features to remember and post. From what I remember;

-Skill Leveling Shop removed and now you can press 'Esc' to choose a skill to level.
-Fixed Respawn Timer issues.
-Shop now only sells common items.
-Multiboard displays potion charges, game time and boss tokens.
-In Combat system changed. Now instead of being a buff, it is a timer.
-New city with new quests and new zone.
-Added new hero classes.
-Changed skill choosing area into one room.
-Added teleport master.
-Added level 10-29 creep arena's (fun side thing to make some gold).
-Added two recipes.
-Changed stash room and stash room spell. Use spell to teleport to and from stash room.
-Changed creep respawn time slightly.
And probably much more. Play and find out! (Game still not complete sorry).

Known Issue:
-Holy Blessing does not go to level 10 rather level 7 and bugs up when trying to level it after level 7.

What to Expect in Next Version:
-New items
-New recipes
-New hero classes
-New spells
-New quests and 1-3 new zones for leveling
-Creep arena up to level 40
-End game dungeons and bosses
-Pvp (and possibly pvp rewards)
-Possibly an achievement system
And most likely more.

Aeyl

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
I can't play the map, seems I can't find it in the list of my games.

Aeyl

Reaction score
Hello Galdiuz,
I've had a problem like yours with other maps also. What I did to fix it was instead of placing the map in my 'Download' folder, I placed it in my 'Maps' folder. Hope that helps.

Aeyl

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.