Aggro Discussion/Techniques

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
Hi i am making a hero map. It isn't an aos because the hero's work together vs computer creeps. Player 1 has a top down view to advise them. Now my map will be really boring and easy in my opinion if i cannot incorporate an aggro system.

My idea would be using an integar for each player and it increases every time the player's hero casts a spell/attacks an enemy. Enemies will only attack the others if they get attacked e.g.
Warriors aggro = 200 not attacking creep x
Mages aggro = 50 attacking creep x
Rogues aggro = 30 attacking creep x
creep x attack Mage.
One problem with this is that priests wouldn't die if they just healed. There aggro might go up but if they don't cast a spell on an enemy or attack them. then their aggro won't be recognised. Maybe this can be fixed.

Has anybody got any other better ways to create an aggro system. Because i want the most effective way and the most memory-less consuming way to create one. Anybody who puts forward a worthy code will get +rep. If i use anybodies code i will give them alot of credit in my map.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
The only way to make a good aggro system is pretty messy. You could amke it simplistic and add a set amount for attacks and a set amount added for single-target spells, but its nice to give every spell an added aggro value depending on spell uberness. If it was melee, a storm bolt should piss you off more then an entangling roots.

Mullit

Reaction score
I think your way would work fine but you would need a lot of triggers like

e - unit casts ability
c - ability = storm bolt
a - set custom value of unit = custom value +20

I used custom value so you dont need to create lots of variables.
You would need to do this for each ability and one for unit attacks. although you could use the same trigger for abilities with the same 'aggro rating'.

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
i can use an if/then/else for each spell. so not too many triggers, custom value is a nice idea.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.