AI Question - Focus on expansions rather than Main base?

NuQ

Reaction score
Let me start off by saying I know nothing about the AI editor, but i am quite good with triggers(which is why i haven't really had to mess with the thing until now.)Also, let me explain how my scenario works and why i think i need to customise the ai.

I've removed farms from the game, requiring players to capture and hold towns in order to increase population cap. This works all well and good with the standard AI, up to a point. After their heros make it to level 4 or so they only focus on the Main base and thus their population caps well before i had hoped it to.

I've had some success with triggers. however, shortly after the order is executed some other condition checks with the meelee ai and it goes back to doing whatever it was doing before. The towns that are captured would have everything neeed to pass as an expansion town(a town hall class structure, several worker class units around it, etc.) so i think having an ai that prefers to attack expansions would be preferable to the growing list of triggers i'm having to create.

Like i said, i know nothing about ai editing. can someone at least point me in the right direction? is there a way to edit the default meelee AI's in the AI editor so i can do some reverse engineering?

Any help/advice is appreciated.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
In the ai editor
under attacking
bottom right
target priorities
and im guessing "Enemy - Expansion"
I think that will help but not sure.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.