Alpha Channel

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
Do anyone know how to create alpha channels in BLP image?
Or like set a colour as the alpha channel so that it does not appear?

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Do you mean for displaying an image using triggers ? You'd have to export the .blp texture using WC3 Image Extractor or WC3 Viewer, and convert it to a "normal" image format, such as .tga.

You can then make the image have a transparent border using the GIMP. Just select a 1-pixel-high rectangle at the top that covers the whole top and remove it with your Eraser tool. Then select the right border, do the same.

Now, using WC3 Image Extractor or WC3 Viewer, re-convert that image to .blp format. Then import it in your map using the Import Manager that's built in the World Editor.

If you're not talking about displaying an image with triggers or this just doesn't work, or even if you want a screenshot, just tell me.

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
It did not worked :(
I used photoshop cs5 to change the background colour to alpha channel after i changed it to tga format but once i save back to tga format the background become to white which defeats the purpose of doing all this. I also tried converted into blp but the white background still appears.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.