Animation while casting doesnt work

MP®

Reaction score
I have a spell based on Fan of Knifes, with a casting time of 3 seconds. I want the unit to play an animation while casting (at the time of those 3 seconds).

But I cant get it to work.

I tried it in the animation field of the object editor, but then it doesnt do it while casting but when the effects start.

I tried it with triggers; tried Unit is channeling an ability and Unit begins casting an ability (what exactly is channeling anyway? :p) But this doesnt work either!

How can I get it working? :(

MP®

Reaction score
hmm I just found out that the casting time is bugged with fan of knives; at level 2 and higher, it uses the casting time of level 1. Maybe this is the reason that the animation doesnt work neither?

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
hmm I just found out that the casting time is bugged with fan of knives; at level 2 and higher, it uses the casting time of level 1. Maybe this is the reason that the animation doesnt work neither?

I think I read somewhere that you can't have different casting times for different levels of the ability. They will always revert to level 1.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You could make an ability based off Channel, using Follow Through Time as the casting time. Then trigger a dummy unit to cast Fan Of Knives under a [Unit finishes casting an ability] event.

MP®

Reaction score
Ok I'm trying it with the Channel ability now, but after the hero learned the skill, the button doesnt even show up? :s

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Check the Options - Visible box. There are several tutorials on Channel in the forum that could have told you this, like this one.

MP®

Reaction score
AH I already found out, had to check [ ] visible :p

But this makes the unit pause for a while, so it cant be interrupted.. I dont really like that neither..

Isnt there just a way to make the unit do an animation while in Casting Time?

Another small question: Does the action pick every item in region leak? And how to destroy it then?

=edit=
lol read your post after posting mine :p Thanks for those tutorials! (+ rep :))

0WN3D

Reaction score
For the item question.....
It depends actullay....
If your region is playable map then it will not leak
But if it is some undefined region(like 300,300 rect centered at triggering unit) than it will leak
Pretty sure pre-defined region dont leak like what you create in region manager thingy...

MP®

Reaction score
Thanks! I want to know, because in my map lots of items spawn when units die. More than you even need, so I want a trigger to make the items 'decay'.

So I was thinking about a timed trigger to pick every item in playable map area that is not carried by a unit and set its life to -1. When health reaches 0 the item will 'die' so its cleaned up then :)

If someone can confirm it, would be great!

Because, why then does it leak when you pick every unit in playable map area? You create a group out of nothing.. Same as with the items, isnt it?

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Well, there's no such thing as an 'item group' variable, so it probably won't leak.

MP®

Reaction score
cool.

Now I have another problem:

I have a spell based on stormbolt with unlimited duration (0.00) which targets a building.

Now i want that building to have a buff on it, but it doesnt show it. When I check for the buff with a trigger, it says that it HAS the buff, but I cant see it..

Does anyone why, and how to make it show?

MP®

Reaction score
Gameplay constants - Building display status, set to true.
Thanks! this works for the icon to show up (which is the most important) but still the buff art doesnt work.. But isnt really important anyway! Thanks! +rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.