Animation

TheCrystal

Reaction score
Strangely, I haven't been able to find the "Attack - 1" for units, to have an ability play a specific attack animation.

The one I've been trying to do with Alchemist Attack One alternate - 2, and I haven't been able to figure out how to do that one specifically, let alone any specific animation only then the generic attack.

TheCrystal

Reaction score
That doesn't do that specific animation, at least not for the one I want, the animation "attack" gives you a random chance for all the "Attack" based animations [excluding Alternate].

TheCrystal

Reaction score
I guess I'll try doing indexes with a Warcraft 3 model viewer, Maybe I'll learn something.

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
you can test indexes in the editor just go with 1 by 1, eventually you will run into the number you wanted....

TheCrystal

Reaction score
Too time consuming, I'd think a Model Viewer will be easier.
I'll procrastinate on that, since so many model viewers fail.

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I really don't feel like rushing anything, i did mine in editor with 2 triggers, one that does the animation and the second which increases the integer used by the animation Index

integer was initially 1,
tested = not fit, while in same map typed a game message "Inc" which my trigger detected and increased my Integer by 1, than i tried the ability again....over and over untill i found which index was correct, since there are about 20 indexes it aint much

TheCrystal

Reaction score
I'm a little confused on what you're saying.
Basically, each unit has X number of indexes and each index plays a certain animation? Give me examples of several things, I understand best with that.

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Okay here it is, lets say you are Blademaster

animationIndex (1) = move
aminationIndex (2) = Attack 1
animationIndex (3) = Attack 2
animationIndex (4) = Attack Slam
animationIndex (5) = stand 1
animationIndex (6) = stand 2
animationIndex (7) = stand victory
etc

Now make a trigger that forces a unit to play animation when you type "anim" for example

And make another trigger that will increase the global integer you are using in the Anim trigger to set the index. (this trigger is fired by saying "INC" for example)

you test a map, integer is 1. You type "anim" you get a walk animation on a unit
you type "inc" integer is 2, you type "anim" you get attack 1 aniamtion
you type "INC" integer is 3....etc

you will find the animation you want and if you counted how many times you typed "INC" you will know the exact index of that animation

or if u CBA to remember than make a game message that gives you the Integer value

Edit: I used these animation things in a map i made (haven't finished it, left it to rot) where you made combos, like in some 3rd person swordsplay game or smthing.
You only had 2 abilities, left strike, and right strike, with a certain combination of these you created combos, I needed to have specific animations for "left" and "right" strike so i couldn't use "attack"

TheCrystal

Reaction score
I'd have to do this with triggers, correct? I can't just put a "1" or "2" in the spell animation thing?

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You should do this:
create a variable Integer001 (by default: 1)

1st trigger:
Event:
player chat message - Player types anim
Actions:
Custom Script - call SetUnitAnimationByIndex("Yopur unit", udg_integer001)

blah blah you know how it is done

2nd trigger
Event:
player chat message - Player types INC
Actions
Set Integer001 = integer001 + 1
Game Text MSg - convert INT to String (integer001)

now you type anim to see the animation of index X
if it is not it, increase the index by typing INC and type anim again to see if it is it

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
JASS:
function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    set udg_Ani = udg_Ani + 1
    call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(gg_unit_Hmkg_0116,udg_Ani)
    call DisplayTextToForce( GetPlayersAll(), I2S(udg_Ani) )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Untitled_Trigger_001 takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001 = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterTimerEventPeriodic( gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001, 5.00 )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001, function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Actions )
endfunction
I use this to get the animations. It's really easy, all you need to do is pretty much to have a trigger named Untitled_Trigger_001, a global var named Ani (integer) and insert the unit you want to play with.

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
attack -2 wont work, or at least i think not.

just make the trigger Rainther posted, it is basically what i am talkign about but put to 1 self increase over time trigger

TheCrystal

Reaction score
I will try this later when I'm not socializing (may be a few days), if I experience any problems I'll le bump.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.