Other Anime Hero Wars

M

MagusZero

Animeheromaul is a map I created upon becoming bored with DoTA, Hero Wars, and TD maps; I decided to make them into a single map. So the main gameplay is similar to Hero Wars, but without tomes; I designed custom items. The characters are the HiME from Mai HiME and quite a few Geneon characters. There are three types of troops, which each upgrade individually, and you can build towers. Also note that this map is made by me alone. I have had my friends test it, but I essentially did all the work. My towers still need balancing, but otherwise the game is quite playable. Please tell me what you think!

Also, please congratulate me for this, as it is in fact my first map. I've edited a map or two before, but this one is all mine.

Notes:

5 levels of troops, 3 types of troops (Melee, Air, and Ranged (Note that Melee can attack air and has more hp, and each troop type is weak against one of the others: Air beats Melee, Melee beats Ranged, Ranged beats Air. Also, all troops get an elemental effect at level 5.))

Item recipies (I designed them myself, along with the items. I did this through the GUI only. The recipes are not, in fact, supposed to make much sense.) Yes, I know the components do not add up to the final item (Sort of. Hard to explain.). And yes, the system is a huge bother. That's exactly why it's there.

Towers of many different kinds; I wished them to be like standard tower defense towers, but have not gotten around to balancing them (My major weakness.)

Vision towers work as banks, but you have to be careful.

Assassins spawn ice and poison simultaneously, and are extremely dangerous.

Hero max level: 100 (But if you make it to level 60, you're an idiot.)

You can buy an Inventorian from the Regen Shop to help you with your item recipes.

Computer players will play. It's not really AI, but they still play, and heroes are good xp.

Be careful what you do. You lose all of your gold on death. Also, the map's size requires more care to be employed as to when you attack/retreat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHANGELOG:

UPDATE 12/12/08, 10:35am:
-LOS of all units raised
-Towers now do chaos damage
-Nuke now has an additional cost of 35 points.

UPDATE 08/12/08, 10:41am:
-Ground troop movement speed increased
-Removed armor defaults from troops
-Modified hero movement speed (melee have 330, ranged have 320)
-Cry of Betrayal targeting fixed (allies only)
-Cry of agony improved (higher rate and increased armor)
-Nuke now costs 8000 rather than 7000
-Improved Yukino's tentacles

UPDATE 08/12/08, 9:48am:
-Fixed broken skill (Cry of Betrayal)
-Improved weak skill (Cry of Agony)
-Added abilities to nuke (-10.0 movement speed (real) aura and -5 attack speed reduction (self))

UPDATE 07/12/08, 11:44am:
-Removed permanent god bug.

UPDATE 07/12/08, 7:30am:
-Renamed map
-Fixed Gilgamesh's soundset
-Changed gold loss to 3/4
-Changed recipe tooltip from "Create" to "Purchase recipe for"
-Increased summon MP cost
-Fixed Cry of Agony targeting

UPDATE 06/12/08, 3:32pm:
Designed a few new skills.
-Gave Syaoran Raitei Shourai, which is a modified chain lightening.
-Designed Homing Laser (because everyone loves those impossible things), which is a modified forked lightening.

UPDATE 05/12/08, 3:22pm:
Increased cooldowns on stuns. Changed Marcosius model to a tome. Increased some MP costs, improved the healing of Holy Flame Shield.
-Stun spell cooldown increases as it levels up
-Decided that everyone prefers Marco's book form to his wolf form.
-Most spells, especially stuns, now have a much higher mp cost, with their max level costing 300-350 mp
-Holy Flame Shield's max level now heals 1500, because in this game, 700 hp is nothing.
-Also improved triangularity; changed the 2 to a 4 on the damage multipliers in gameplay constants.

UPDATE 05/12/08, 12:09pm:
Cleaned up heroes; gave matching icons, added new abilities and modded old ones.
-Made hero icons match hero model.
-Designed Hinamizawa Syndrome spell for Rena
-Designed Holy Flame Shield for Mai and Shana
-Designed Cry of Betrayal for Kirei and Mikoto
-Designed Cry of Agony for Akane
-Designed Diana's Tentacle for Yukino
-Gave Shinji Battle Roar
-Increased Mirror Image level skip and number of clones
-Modified Voodoo Spirits as a regular spell; gave it to Margery.
-Gave Miaka Banish
-Gave Rin Frost Armor and Searing Arrows (with 5 levelskip and increased damage)
-Increased stun spells' damage (Max level firebolt and storm bolt do 700 damage)

UPDATE 04/12/08, 3:14pm:
Modified hero abilities to improve balance.
-Gave all heroes some sort of stun.

UPDATE 04/12/08, 2:14pm:
Changed models for the shops, and fixed the tool tip for the Staff of Teleportation.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
You should add screenshots. :p

Exide

Reaction score
I played this 1v1 with my friend today, and now I've got some feedback. :p

*First of all I like the concept. Hero War sort of thing. -So it's got potential.

*The heroes need work. They need funnier spells. (Custom made ones.)

*Everything seems a bit unbalanced, too. But I can't really say, only played it 1v1.

*The map is too large. -It takes forever to move from one location to another.

*There was a summoned unit that was crazy strong. It couldn't move past the center of the map, though. But it was very good at pushing out offensive units. It should probably be nerfed.

*I didn't manage to find any good shops, maybe I just missed them? :p

M

MagusZero

K, being a hero wars map, all the shops are at the center of the map, and there is a god unit used to push back your enemies. Note that said god unit can only be summoned 3 times in total, so it isn't unfair.

The heroes took a lot of effort to even balance that much; but I finally decided to give each of them a stun move and at least one passive.

My initial versions generally required 3 hours to play, and the 'imbalance' that you've noted was placed to rectify this. Also, if you set empty slots to computer players, they will choose heroes and fight. It is not truly AI, since all they do is attackmove, but it works well. It's a lot more complex than it looks!

Oh, and as to the map's size... I realized that quite a while after I got everything working. But in the end that actually balances it more, because you have to be serious about when you fight and when you don't. The whole point is that you have to think carefully about your moves. Also, the items are pretty much all auras, so your army's strength is even more your responsibility than you'd think. GL and HF!

M

MagusZero

Also note that my updates will always edit the original post, and the newest version will always be there.

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
Combining items is too much of a pain in the ass to do. That, and the reagents' effects are not always included in the created item. (Because when you acquire divinity, you're still a slow shit, disregarding you just bought a hell lot of boots.)

M

MagusZero

Actually, that's sorta the point. See, I don't want people to be able to just go in and buy something awesome. If you have a full game, you'll have to deal with items being bought out, so you have to keep fighting. The whole point was that I don't want everything to be easy. And I know that combined items don't have the ingredients' effects; again, I wanted to force some variety. You have to weigh out whether you want to get the item. The Gem of Divinity is similar to reaching level 50, but with a nice armor bonus. But yeah, all that you see is by conscious choice. I didn't even try to remove the somewhat cheap ability to have the god revive your summons permanently. The game is supposed to be simple, yet still require a bit of strategy. See if you can get a full game.

M

MagusZero

Still looking for more testers; this is a great map.

M

MagusZero

I almost feel guilty that this is basically a bump; but what else can I do? I've uploaded my first map and am not well known. If I get off this page, my map will be lost forever, and its really a rather new style. Its all about freedom within the game's systems. I really need some downloads and comments; I believe this map could become pretty popular; but I'm also unwilling to turn this into another DoTA clone or something. Please give feedback!

M

MagusZero

I managed to get in a half game against my primary tester, but he had to leave; luckily, there were no notable bugs; towers still need some rebalancing though so they will actually be of some use. Please give me some suggestions.

Exide

Reaction score
You shouldn't double post, instead edit your last post.

I gave you some feedback. -The heroes need improving.
I just remembered one more thing. When I died, I lost all my gold. -That sucked. :p (How about letting the Killer steal 1/4 or something of the dying unit's gold?)

You should also consider 'upgrading' the hero pick system. -That way you can cram more heroes in there, and give more information about them.
Here's a good system made by emjlr3:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89459

jube1412

Reaction score
Really, you need custom spells...
Or at least change those basic spells' tooltips...some of them still have their owner's name on like "Pit Lord" or "Crypt Lord" or something...
Also, some heroes have their shortcut icon not right...I mean, the model is Lightning Revenant, but the icon at the top left is Death Knight lol...

Overall...not a bad map...but really you need to CLEAN IT UP to make it neater...

Good luck, ;)

M

MagusZero

As to the Hero pick system, I did do this one from scratch... But the reason I would use this one rather than another is it looks good. I don't plan on adding more heroes, because there are twelve HiME. The other team is characters from anime produced by Geneon, but only because I needed an even number of heroes on each team.

And as to gold loss, that's actually the point, because it means you have to be careful. But I suppose I could modify it and make the gold loss 3/4... I'll check it out.

Jube, I will take that into account. I can probably make some more customs, and I'm sure I can add more items as well. The heroes could definitely use that bit of cleaning, so I'll work on that.

M

MagusZero

All heroes now have a custom ability, or at least a modded one; since level 3 abilities are useless after level 20. My level skip for the new ones is 5, which should help things a lot.

M

MagusZero

Okay, the guy making that The Darkening map is bumping quite obviously and not getting in trouble for it, so it must be safe. More testers please!

S

Scyill

This map is pretty cool. IDK if i would like it smaller... that gives you less time to turn the tides of the war. The item recipe system can be a headache sometimes... like when you are making a Ring of Protection +10 but accidentally make it into a +20...
But its a pretty fun map with your friends.

EDIT YOUR POSTS AND STOP MULTI-POSTING!

M

MagusZero

True; but do note that you can build towers, with a system I originally intended to be as good as the usual maul system. It's meant to be a game you can play in different ways.

jube1412

Reaction score
Tested your new map....
I don't know but you really need to improve on the items...they look all the same...and the recipes look just like the real item, which will confuse players, a lot...

And yeah, why does the BIG BAD DEMONHUNTER (his name is magintoss or something) has the voice of a VILLAGER WOMAN OMG ROFLOL !?...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.