Another Chao Idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
Competition: Boss Fight.

Objective:
Design a balanced boss fight that can be completed by three heroes.

Materials:
A Template Map will be provided that has all starting heroes on it (Human, Orc, Undead, Night Elf and Neutral) between two taverns, and triggers to allow for up to three different heroes to be selected. The heroes will be set to their sixth level upon creation and will start in a narrow passage. This passage will lead to a room with several different item sets for the players to choose from, gated at the far end. Beyond the gate will be blank space for the editor to do with as he pleases.

Scoring:
Due to the preliminary stages of this competition, this is an incomplete list of the judged elements.

Originality:
Terrain/Environment:
Function:
Difficulty/Balance:

Rules:
- No outside materials may be used
- No JASS may be used
More to come as it comes into my noodle

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This shouldn't be in the Bugs and Features forum...

I think you can just post competitions straight away and if they don't get locked, consider it approved :p

EDIT: Romek beat me to it.

Chao

Reaction score
This was the idea for a contest - I just put it where I put all of my ideas (examples including the original draft of the literature forum and, more recently the "ideas" forum).

And the reason I said no JASS is because a lack of JASS knowledge might hamper some of the other contenders... if I get a willing judge who is very knowledgable with JASS, then that's a different story and I'd be willing to consider it..

But yes, if this idea seems viable to the team, I'd be more than happy to host it!

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This was the idea for a contest - I just put it where I put all of my ideas (examples including the original draft of the literature forum and, more recently the "ideas" forum).

And the reason I said no JASS is because a lack of JASS knowledge might hamper some of the other contenders... if I get a willing judge who is very knowledgable with JASS, then that's a different story and I'd be willing to consider it..

But yes, if this idea seems viable to the team, I'd be more than happy to host it!
Just because some people don't know Jass, doesn't mean you shouldn't allow it.
Just let GUIers use GUI, and Jassers use Jass.

Reaction score
There shouldn't be any template in my opinion.

> No outside materials may be used
What are outside materials? Do you mean imports, snippets or something else?

Chao

Reaction score
I drafted up the contest rules and regulations and all that crap and changed a bunch of stuff - imports are allowed in the new version, as well as JASS.

As for the Template, it does not actually reflect the map editor's skills, but provides a basis for the required heroes to be used. Really I just saved players the annoying trouble of posting the heroes, nothing more. 90% of the map itself is more or less untouched!

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> This is a contest, right?

No, it isn't.
This is a random post... in the wrong forum no less.
By someone who doesn't qualify for either hosting or judging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.