Array Queue

futeki

Reaction score
I'm trying to create a queueing system, and I've got 3 arrays, two int, one boolean. I want to be able to create 10 different events in this queue, but add one at a time, and have my Start Event trigger run through the active(true) indexes, and select ONE, run the event, and stop. Since it runs periodically, it will eventually go through all of them and start over. Currently, the Add New Event to Queue crashes the game. Is there a better way to do this? If not, what can I do/add/change to accomplish this?

Here are my triggers:
Trigger:
  • Add New Event to Queue
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set NewInt = (NewInt + 1)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • NewInt Greater than or equal to 11
        • Then - Actions
          • Set NewInt = 1
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • IntActive[NewInt] Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Run (This trigger) (checking conditions)
        • Else - Actions

Start event trigger:
Trigger:
  • Start Event
    • Events
      • Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set IntCurrent = (IntCurrent + 1)
        • If - Conditions
          • IntActive[IntCurrent] Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Do my events
        • Else - Actions

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
The reason for the game crashes is because you create an endless loop. Once you have 10 indexes running as true, it will repeat the actions non-stop. The problem is that you rewind the trigger to create a loop, don't do that. Use an actual loop from 1 to 10 instead, and check if the loop's integer matches your "Int".

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
I don't have enough of your triggers to tell you accurately. But if all of the boolean array becomes true, then your first trigger will run itself non-stop. So you'd want to create a loop instead of repeating the trigger, replacing the if then else action.

futeki

Reaction score
These are both of my triggers, I don't have anymore. The system is a work-in-progress.

EDIT: I added another int to count the number of events in the queue, and that of course stopped the crashing and endless loops. Does this seem like a good way to do this? Or is there a better way?

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Ok, here's an example of a loop using the same method but without the endless possibility:
Trigger:
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Boolean[(Integer A)] Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- the event is indexed, and we end the loop --------
          • Custom script: exitwhen true
        • Else - Actions

I assume that when the condition is false, you want to index the event in the queue. If the queue is however full, you can't add anymore events until it clears up. To make an order in the loop, just use variables for the begin value.

futeki

Reaction score
Ok, here's an example of a loop using the same method but without the endless possibility:
Trigger:
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Boolean[(Integer A)] Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- the event is indexed, and we end the loop --------
          • Custom script: exitwhen true
        • Else - Actions

I assume that when the condition is true, you want to index the event and stop running the queue. If the queue is however full, you can't add anymore events until it clears up.

That won't do what I'm wanting to do because it will create 10 events at once. I want to create one at a time as there will be different types of events, I just haven't got that far as this is the bread and butter of it.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
EDIT: I added another int to count the number of events in the queue, and that of course stopped the crashing and endless loops. Does this seem like a good way to do this? Or is there a better way?
That works fine as well as long as you don't exceed the amount of events in the queue. Try and keep the number of queued events stored in an integer, then stop running the trigger if the queue is full.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.