Spellpack Assasin

ZypHeRx™

Reaction score
Yeah !! my first ever made Spellpack of my hero assasin . It contains 4 easy made spells namely Flash Strike , Assasinate , Double Attack , Assasin's Instinct .

I hope its MUI .. but i dont think so .
Done in GUI ..

NOTES:
This terrain is made by Tinki3 .. =X
Couldnt get a screenie.

Any problems please tell me ?

Dont flame me too much because of the simple spells too .... =X

*EDIT* i forgot to state what the spells do.
Flash Strike - The hero blinks to the targeted point , throws several shurikens , and returns to his original position .
Assasinate - The hero kills any unit instantly if their hp is below 400.
Double Attack - The hero has a % chance to attack twice.
Assasin's Instinct - The hero has 10% evasion . 20% critical strike . 10% increased mov.spd and 25% increased atk. spd.

Attachments

• Assasin.w3x
    60.3 KB · Views: 705

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Flash Strike:
Code:
Flash Strike
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Flash Strike 
    Actions
        Set Caster_Position = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Set Target_Position = (Target point of ability being cast)
[B]        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Flash Strike  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at Caster_Position using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkTarget.mdl
                Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to Target_Position
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at Target_Position using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkTarget.mdl
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Triggering player) at Target_Position facing Target_Position
                Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Warden - Fan Of Knives
                Wait 0.50 seconds
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at Target_Position using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkTarget.mdl
                Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to Caster_Position
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at Caster_Position using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkTarget.mdl
            Else - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Level of Flash Strike  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Triggering player) at Target_Position facing Target_Position
                        Unit - Set level of Shurikens  for (Triggering unit) to 2
                        Wait 0.50 seconds
                    Else - Actions
                        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                            If - Conditions
                                (Level of Flash Strike  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3
                            Then - Actions
                                Unit - Set level of Shurikens  for (Triggering unit) to 3
                                Wait 0.50 seconds
                            Else - Actions[/B]
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Caster_Position)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Target_Position)

That whole thing can be shortened down to:
Code:
[B]                                Unit - Set level of Shurikens  for (Triggering unit) to (Level of (Flash Strike for (Triggering Unit)))[/B]
                                Wait 0.50 seconds

Also, each special effect leaks, you must destroy it later:
Code:
Special Effect - Destroy <Effect>

You can set them to a variable and destroy them afterwards. ;)

btw: This spell is not MUI because it has waits.

Still, overall it looks nice.

Assasinate:

Gj! I'm pretty sure this is MUI. But it leaks the effects, you need to destroy the effects later. I don't know if this can be shortened unless you do some math problem to get the desired life left thingy, which I think is possible due to the fact that it has the same intervals.

Looks nice when used.

Double Attack:

It looks nice, but the "Do Nothing" is not required. "Position of (Attacking Unit)" also leaks, so you must set it to a variable and remove it afterwards. It is not MUI because it has waits.

Assasin's Instinct:

Not much triggering here. :p It doesn't leaks and I think it is MUI.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, good job! These spells could definitely be found useful, +rep. ;)

If you fix the leaks and shorten it up as I said it will look much better and neatly polished. :)

ZypHeRx™

Reaction score
I've uploaded the newer map , i hope i cleared all the leaks , thanks for your detailed explaination.

However , i still couldn't fix the cooldown on Flash Strike -.-

I

IKilledKEnny

> Flash Strike

I didn't got to test it (I'll do it later on today) but why do you move the unit back and forth, anyway it will be so quick so you could barely see it. Also get triggering unit inside a variable variables are quicker then event responses.

> Assasinate

Whay don't you check the percent of life and not value of them? Also no need to deal insane damage, simply kill. Again I suggest using variables.

> Double Attack

All the levels will create the same effect, you might want to edit the dummy's level. Also I don't suggest using this an MUI, but it's possible.

Overall nice, but I suggest you don't ignore those comments.

RockmanderZ

Reaction score
All I can say is WOW!..;) (+rep from me)

About comments not much to tell, you're better than me:)
But anyways I dont see Double Attack work?
Well it doesnt attack twice?..:confused:

Overall a good job!.:)

*Off Topic)

Humm where do I see my rep bar or something?
And how do i add members a reputation?..:rolleyes:

ZypHeRx™

Reaction score
> Flash Strike

I didn't got to test it (I'll do it later on today) but why do you move the unit back and forth, anyway it will be so quick so you could barely see it. Also get triggering unit inside a variable variables are quicker then event responses.

> Assasinate

Whay don't you check the percent of life and not value of them? Also no need to deal insane damage, simply kill. Again I suggest using variables.

> Double Attack

All the levels will create the same effect, you might want to edit the dummy's level. Also I don't suggest using this an MUI, but it's possible.

Overall nice, but I suggest you don't ignore those comments.

WOW .. Kenny actually commented on my spell =D.
Well , i didnt use so many variables as i do not want the spells to take up too much memory and also making it easier to import . Anyways .. the spells work fine dont they ? About Assasinate , i made them deal damage because , if i made the trigger Unit Kill , it doesnt trigger some of the functions like Double Kill etc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
All I can say is WOW!.. (+rep from me)

About comments not much to tell, you're better than me
But anyways I dont see Double Attack work?
Well it doesnt attack twice?..

Overall a good job!.

Well .. thanks .. Double Attack doesnt work ? i am pretty sure it does .. I`ll check it again.
*EDIT* The double attack doesnt work because i forgot to set variable for the Caster_Loc.
The bug is fixed now . Thanks . =D
>lh2705 Yeah .. it has a cooldown already . Thanks dude =D

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
You need to have a short wait before you execute your "Moving the unit" for the flash strike, 0.20 seconds will do. Or you could just Pause him and later unpause the unit after moving him if you don't want the wait

I

IKilledKEnny

> i didnt use so many variables as i do not want the spells to take up too much memory

Yes, globals do take some space, however very little, I would suggest using few of them to increase triggers' speed.

Edit:

Ok I tested the spells properly, they work very well, good job. Again, I would suggest using globals.

ZypHeRx™

Reaction score
Ive updated the map again , this time making more variables for the spells .

Thanks for all your suggestions. and .. will my map be approved ? =X

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Impressive for first spells. Really.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need to make your spells levelable. In every single one of them (except the ultimate) you make the spell using if-then-else condition checks. I can't accept that in :) Use a formula. If you need to change a bit the values to add it, do it.

--> Flash Strike

Good.

--> Assassinate

As I said before, make it levelable using formulas, such as

(Life of Ass_Target) Less than or equal to 250.00 + (100.00 x (Level of Assassinate for (Triggering unit)))

--> Double Attack

Again, make this one levelable too :)

--> Assassins instinct

Good.

ZypHeRx™

Reaction score
> Hm... It looks pretty well fixed to me, good job! :D

Well.. thanks .

>Love your flash strike. Simple, yet so original. Other spells were average.
I'm sorry , the spell isnt thought out by me . Its by TheDamien http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56905&highlight=assasin

and .. Daxtreme .. i have changed the levelable thingy already .. took me 10 minutes to figure out that one .. =D

Thanks for so many positive comments =X .
Is my spell gonna get approved now ?? =D

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just realized this spell has no screenshots.

Mind adding some? ;)

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Aww...Double Attack?

I made one in JASS..lol

Except mine is most likely more JESP

ZypHeRx™

Reaction score
Dax .. erm .. i dont know how to get one .... anyways .. JASS is way better ( at least i heard ) .. but i dont understand it .

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.