attachign data to units

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could give a suggestion on what system to use for the next thing:

I need to attach data to a every unit in my map. not some complicated data, a simple adding of bools, reals, integers and such. Things like:

Boolean Is_unit_in_combat
Integer Stamina
Real combat_timer

and things like this... Since i want to make combat dynamic, in a way "the more you fight without resting, the more tired you are" for example. I need this to be a sort of system that allows attaching data to every unit in the map.

I've read around a little, found some posts that refer to a certain system PUI or something but i couldn't find it.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you can use the custom value (integer) for your stamina and you can create a dummy ability with no effects invisible for your unit. level 1 is false level 2 is true. this way you have a simple boolean, just check and change the level for this skill.
the real would become pretty hard. you would either need an indexing system or you would need to make extreme use of hashtables.

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I need a lot more data than just 3 values.

hashtables are not a problem in terms of "knowing how to use them" i just dont know if they are going to slow down the map and if they are efficient.

can you describe "indexing" a bit please I'm not sure i get what you mean?

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
if you know some jass, you can check my system and see how index system work

also, hashtable is efficient enough to do that...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
hashtables are alot slower then arrays but still not that bad. shouldnt make too much trouble as long as you are not going to reinvent the game storing hundreds of values for every unit on the map.

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
STUPID COLLAGE!!! they postponed the lesson so i had to come back earlier :p

I checked the system Laiev. Still thinking on it.

Would this be doable:

Making a new type of a structure like:

struct unit2
unit u =
integer dodge =
real time =
boolean combat =
endstruct

now register every single unit to a new instance of a structure? if you get the point of my question?

i've read through AIDS's documentation, something similar was mentioned, about creating aids structs that are kept track through "unitID"...

can anyone clarify ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.