Auto-silence spell, with a percentage for the silence to happen

mystic_elf

Reaction score
I wish to create a passive aura that has a 15% chance to automatically silence (before the spell is cast) to silence every unit around the place. I'm thinking of making a dummy aura, and basing something in there, and putting the passive in a spellbook. Anyone have any idea how I can trigger this? Or, better yet, create a custom ability on it? Is there such a trigger that creates percentages? And how do you set the ability so that it silences before the cast?

Mittsies

Reaction score
This should give you a basic idea of how to make it work.

Code:
Silence Aura
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        ((Casting unit) has buff [COLOR="Blue"]Silence Aura[/COLOR]) Equal to True
        (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 15
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 DummyUnit for [COLOR="Red"]Player 1 (Red)[/COLOR] at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
        [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Unit - Add Silence to (Last created unit)[/COLOR]
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Dark Ranger - Silence (Position of (Casting unit))

Change "Silence Aura" to the name of the negative buff enemies will have while in range of the aura.

Change "player 1" to the owner of the hero who has the silence aura.

Make the area of effect of silence small enough so that it will only hit the target unit.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Make the area of effect of silence small enough so that it will only hit the target unit.

Use Soul Burn or Doom instead, so that it can acquire single units. The trigger should work fine (apart from dummy not getting removed or hidden). But I'm not sure whether it will silence the unit before they successfully cast the spell.

Edit:
Maybe can order the triggering unit to 'Stop' first. Then silence them. Not sure if it works or not.

Mittsies

Reaction score
Use Soul Burn or Doom instead, so that it can acquire single units. The trigger should work fine (apart from dummy not getting removed or hidden). But I'm not sure whether it will silence the unit before they successfully cast the spell.

Edit:
Maybe can order the triggering unit to 'Stop' first. Then silence them. Not sure if it works or not.

I would not recommend Doom because it's significantly different than silence in a few specific ways, but Soul Burn is a possibility. I would still use silence if it was my spell, though.

Burningicce9

Cool Member
Reaction score
Doom acts like a super silence (works on some passives and stuff), so you can use it if thats what you want, but you probably want normal silence.

Soulburn is good, if you want it to be blocked by spellshield (if you have that type of ability in your map)

mystic_elf

Reaction score
@ Mittsies Thnx.

@burningicce9 No I do not.

@vypur85 I don't really want him to stop. It's partially to give him survivability when being targeted.

And I was wondering if the silence would work if I just simply left the ability like that, and make it AOE? I assume it does...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.