Autocast

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I'm using curse as an autocast ability, however there is an issue. It won't be casted all the time. I need an autocast ability that will be casted if possible every time the unit attacks. Any?

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Create a trigger which fires when a unit is attacked. If the attacker has the ability and the target don't have the buff, just order the attacker to use his ability on the target. That should work. Or use dummy abilities.

Also, to detect whether the autocast is turned on or not, create a trigger which fires when the unit is issued to turn on the autocast (usually XYZon/XYZoff). Create a boolean and set its value depending on the issued order. Then edit your trigger below to fire when the autocast is turned on only (the attack trigger).

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
STILL looking for an ability that is casted when a unit attacks.
No ability that autocasts on attack (eg. Searing Arrows, Poison Arrows, Cold Arrows, Frost Arrows, Black Arrow, Incinerate (Arrow), Orb of Annihilation, Quill Spray) will cause the event "Unit starts the effect of an ability" to trigger, if that's important.

Otherwise, use one of those.

If you want an ability that always autocasts independent of whether the unit is attacking or not, I think Faerie Fire and Slow have a data field "Always Autocast".

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
No ability that autocasts on attack (eg. Searing Arrows, Poison Arrows, Cold Arrows, Frost Arrows, Black Arrow, Incinerate (Arrow), Orb of Annihilation, Quill Spray) will cause the event "Unit starts the effect of an ability" to trigger, if that's important.

Otherwise, use one of those.

If you want an ability that always autocasts independent of whether the unit is attacking or not, I think Faerie Fire and Slow have a data field "Always Autocast".

I think I'll use slow, it will trigger the event wont it?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Yep, it will. Also, if it's not recasting as fast as you'd like, shorten the buff duration; it'll prefer to cast on targets that haven't been buffed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.