Melee Autumn Assault

Craft

Reaction score
A simple Melee Map for;
1vs1 2vs2 FFA - 4 players maximum.

Map Description;

"As Autumn ends, the residing factions battle for the grasp of the few resources in time for Winter."

It is a small map with a base at each corner, i made the bases as identical as I could. (I was using the http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=19935 guide).

There is a Tavern in the middle with easily accesible from the Main Bases of each player with little bother from creeps.

At the top, middle and sides of the map are expansions with high level creeps, so 4 bases with 4 expansions. At the end of the expansions, shielded by trees with 2 entrances, is a random neutral building in a select table. All of these stated have high level creeps.
There are green creeps positioned around the main bases, exactly the same drop tables and exactly the same creeps in the same positions, so that it is fair. A creep in each camp has a [permanent] [Powerup] or a low level item table. Stronger creeps have stronger item tables and some have artifacts, a few possible Charged items were put into specific creeps or tables.

The map is rather small and rather open up around the middle, assuming the players will want to fight for neutral buildings. I have not tested it with players.

At the moment I am having difficulty hosting online matches, so there is no way that I can test it, i would ask anyone here who downloads it to test it and give me feedback so that i can make necessary changes and correct the mistakes i have made.

I am new here, I often mess around in W3WE and i am currently learning through tutorials.

If there is anything i've missed but you would like to know please ask.

Previously. http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6548/autumnassaultviewentire.jpg

I made the changes;

More trees.
Each player has roughly 450 trees, give or take 20 on the outside of the base.
Changed the Tileset.

Here we go - http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6548/autumnassaultviewentire.jpg
autumnassaultviewentire.jpg

Attachments

• Autumn Assault.w3x
    99.3 KB · Views: 238

Craft

Reaction score
Now that you mention it I don't think that the lumber would last in the main bases through a drawn out fight, however i designed this map for a fast fight, by putting the players and expansions so close together. I will make necessary changes for more trees though :D)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd expect an autumn map to use the Lordaeron Fall tileset, instead of Summer. :p

Also, some players seem to have more trees than others.

Craft

Reaction score
That's the effect i was going for, it makes the map extremely fair and balanced for all players. I just tested it and it was quite a fun game, leaving aside the fact i suck at melee :|

But yeah, i was doing this map from the guide i linked and i hope that someone enjoys it :)

black.sheep

Reaction score
I would make the map look less symmetrical by adding in diffrent types of doodads, other than that, it looks pretty fine.
Also, I would make the the map surrounded by cliffs/water, so you dont just run into a void.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.