K

Kadgar

Avitar, is there some way to by pass the 24.4kb retricktion? i have so many cool avitars but i can't use them cuz of the restruction. and the one i have right now would be longer if there was no restriction. also, why r there no signatures?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Signatures are only given out to moderator and higher. Avatar size restriction is bandwidth related. I thought it was higher than 25k though.

K

Kadgar

no, those that are higher are preset forum avitars. u are not alowed to upload any higher. btw. when u input your link to the avitar, can't it just referance to the URL? instead of downloading it? it would save time, of remaking avitars to fit standards.

[EDIT] I also make my own avitars. I take renders and animate them. i just started, so i am not that good yet; but i was wondering if you could make a forum for people to go and request avitars. maybe i could mod? i am not the best even i know that, but hey, what do i got to lose :D :cool:

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Kadgar said:
no, those that are higher are preset forum avitars. u are not alowed to upload any higher. btw. when u input your link to the avitar, can't it just referance to the URL? instead of downloading it? it would save time, of remaking avitars to fit standards.

[EDIT] I also make my own avitars. I take renders and animate them. i just started, so i am not that good yet; but i was wondering if you could make a forum for people to go and request avitars. maybe i could mod? i am not the best even i know that, but hey, what do i got to lose :D :cool:
Fun Stuff > Graphics Section
There are already mods, and with so little time on this forum i doubr mod-ship would be given to you. And the section already has mods.

K

Kadgar

ok i didn't know. but um, is there anyway to let the avitars reference to a website? It wiould make it so that u don't have to download it everytime and u can just see the avitar, do properties, and check the size. it would save a lot of time of remaking avitars to fit the file size limit.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I have increased the regular user avatar size limit to 50k. Sorry but I am not allowing external images to be linked as avatars.

K

Kadgar

alright well TY so much for that. i can make my avitar more colors lol xD

@acehart It doesn'ti tryed that too. doesn't work, but with 50k it will give a little more room to make imgs xD.

K

Kadgar

-- question, can signatures have images? if so, how big can they be? (I have a 1/2 mb sig that looks sweet and is animated)

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Kadgar said:
-- question, can signatures have images? if so, how big can they be? (I have a 1/2 mb sig that looks sweet and is animated)
no and only mods get sings. and a 500kb sig would be horrible for banwidth.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Kadgar said:
Can i be a mod then xD

Ill answer this one for you.

You will never be a mod, because you are begging in this forum. I belive somewhere on here, it says if you beg to be a mod, you will never be one ;)

Also, we don't put images as our sigs. Thats a stupid idea :D

K

Kadgar

dude i am not begging, i ment it to be aa joke, geez.. and i was here for about 2 or 3 months before the site crashed. i just got back to here because i needed help, and my friend was making a map on here so i discided to lend him a hand.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I wasen't being mean, or at least I wasn't trying to.

I've been here for about a Year now. :)

K

Kadgar

cool lol, just a question, when am i able to change the text under my name? or is that only for mods?

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Yep, it's only for mods, I'm just special :p.

Nah jk, you need to become A "Special Member" or greater to unlock that feature.

I don't like explaining the whole SM to all the other users, so you'll just have to wait for it :).

~Jindo

K

Kadgar

lol, its ok i get it, just tell me 1 thing, does a mod or admin have to make u one, or do u get it from rep, or post?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.