Aw2k6's project(s)

A

Aw2k6

...Ok, I've decided to just go with the terrain I have, if it's in heavy need of updating (which could occur AFTER it's finished and out being tested) then I'll bring that topic back up.

(Oh, by the way, the ...'s are just me indenting my paragraphs, because it edits out spaces)

...I have a creative block. I have big problems thinking of ideas. But I love playing with triggers and making/playing with maps. I want to make my Tower Wars map something.. New. Which might I add, is a very rare occurance these days. I don't want to end up with Level'd Guard towers, fire towers, stupid simple things like that. I want the game to take more thinking than that.

...One thing I've thought of recently, is the possibility of having a 'main' tower. One that has multiple abilities, and it's more of you controlling it than anything. It would involve actively thinking, having the player take in many circumstances to decide on what to do.

...Basically other than that I have no ideas, except for making towers with different abilities that are casted when it attacks a target. That alone's not big in requiring thought. *sigh* Anyways, if any of you think you have any ideas on what I could do to improve my map, please post. I'm looking for any inspiration.

...Oh, another thing I've thought of, is a bonus mode. Something that will be different from anything I've seen at least. Income Race mode. The creeps give more income while increasing in difficulty, when it's normally the opposite. However, each player spawns units for themselves only, and have to reach a certain level of income without letting any units by. Once a player reaches the income setting, they have to finish off any remaining creeps that are spawned for them in order to win. (This way, if another player reaches the income level needed before that person has finished the monsters, he can still win if he gets rid of his spawn first.)

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,
:: Post previously said ::
Code:
...I've decided I may as well post what I'm toying with whilst using the editor. :P I'll probably update this post if I have anything big to state (which probably won't happen, but y'know, what if?).

...Anyways, there's 2 different maps I've currently been working on. One is a 2v2v2v2 Tower Wars map, and the other, an orpg. Now, I take precedence on the Tower Wars map, because it's one that will more likely ever get outside the editing process. The orpg map is one that I'm using for learning, testing, trying new things. It is highly unlikely it ever gets to anybody else.

...Well, first topic of discussion, is the terrain on my Tower Wars. Oh, by the way, I haven't decided on a name for it. I may end up naming it "[i]New Tower Wars[/i]" or something. :rolleyes: But yeah, I love playing with triggers   (GUI for now, haven't stepped up to JASS yet), but I'm absolutely horrible at designing terrain.

...I'm aiming on a terrain with the heavy prominance on mazing. If you've ever played Cube Defense, it is what I call a map with mazing. Very few others (none that come to mind) can come close to what Cube Defense has in mazing possibilities. I originally wanted to use the terrain from Cube Defense and call it Cube Wars, but scrapped that idea.

...I'm looking for any suggestions on how to go about doing this terrain. I have an idea, but I'm not liking it a whole lot. I tried to describe it for about 15 minutes and then told myself it was hopeless (It was! :banghead: ).

...If I decide to say anything else I'll edit this post. Thanks for anybody that is willing to waste a tiny bit of their brains for me! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.