Bakemonogatari

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
11bakemonogatari.jpg

Bakemonogatari

Bakemonogatari centers on Koyomi Araragi, a third year high school student who is almost human again after briefly becoming a vampire. One day, a classmate named Hitagi Senjōgahara, who infamously never talks to anyone, falls down the stairs into Koyomi's arms. He discovers that Hitagi weighs next to nothing, in defiance of physics as a result of a curse. After being threatened by her, Koyomi offers his help, and introduces her to Meme Oshino, a middle-aged homeless man who helped him stop being a vampire. [Wikipedia]

Bakemonogatari is produced by SHAFT, an anime producing company with a knack for the 'strange' and the 'odd'. This Anime is their latest creation and its very... well, SHAFTy. If you give it a try, you'll see what I mean, as these guys are the only I've ever seen who can make 10 minute conversations between characters in one setting.

The entire premise of the anime is how Araragi helps de-curse cursed people around him. If you are looking for some action, then this might be a bit slow for you. It's a drama/slice of life type of anime, but it does have some fighting parts.

That being said. This anime is really high-quality if you can find good streaming sites other than You-Tube, and it has this strange vibe to it that pulls you into its storyline.

Here is the trailer: [The first half you can skip I guess. Nothing really to it]
[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dPgwOt0Q_98&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dPgwOt0Q_98&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

Here is a taste of what is in it: [Warning. There's a flash of a girl's underwear near the first minute. But that's the only 'revealing' part of the thing so yea.
[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3VouqDbOSns&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3VouqDbOSns&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
More win from SHAFT. I've been following Bakemonogatari since the air date and it is awesome. Senjōgahara is awesome ^^

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Seems the videos were taken down. I have never seen this anime, let alone heard of it. I am interested though, so I will probably add it to my list of to watch animes and give you my response when its done.

How many episodes is it anyway?

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Not sure if you people noticed but this anime has so much word-play.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Seems the videos were taken down. I have never seen this anime, let alone heard of it. I am interested though, so I will probably add it to my list of to watch animes and give you my response when its done.

How many episodes is it anyway?

12 + 3 if you want to see the bonus arc thing that wasn't finished.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Not sure if you people noticed but this anime has so much word-play.

Quite common in SHAFT productions, another great example would be Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Another common phenomenon is the excessive usage of signs/drawings/sentences and similar in backgrounds.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.